Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Survey – Internet Marketing vs. Traditional

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Survey – Internet Marketing vs. Traditional

• gcauto

October 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm

50/50 split. I send out potential newsletters to people that live in the immediate area via traditional mail. I email newsletters to current customers that have provided their email address. (I ask every customer for their email address for newsletters and service reminders). We do very little advertising in the phone book and local papers as experience has shown that has not worked very well for us.

• Tom Piippo

October 19, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Administrator wrote:

> How is your marketing currently split?

>

> _60____% Internet (website, email, internet ads, etc.)

>

> __40___% Traditional

• John Shanderuk

October 24, 2011 at 11:17 pm

How is your marketing currently split?

_100____% Internet (website, email, internet ads, etc.)

_____% Traditional

• Tom

October 26, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Quantity is about 75% internet – 25% traditional.

Dollars are about 50% internet – 50% traditional.

Most of our new customers are coming from the internet.

• ronhaugen

October 28, 2011 at 7:25 pm

80% internet

20% traditional

I will likely go to 90/10 next year.

• larrybloodworth

November 25, 2011 at 9:55 pm

__80__% Internet (website, email, internet ads, etc.)

__20_% Traditional

• Gary Keyes AMAM

December 27, 2011 at 11:56 pm

What are you doing on the internet besides your website?

• Gary Keyes AMAM

December 27, 2011 at 11:58 pm

about 40 % internet and 60 % conventional. looking to change that to

75/25 in 2012

• Tom

December 28, 2011 at 12:13 am

Gary Keyes AAM wrote:

> What are you doing on the internet besides your website?

Gary…

The biggest thing is watching other businesses of all types to see what they are doing. Seems like there are endless ways to use email, coupons, search engines, etc. Just starting to play with QR codes.

Again…see what any type of successful local business is doing and apply it to auto repair.

• zed

March 12, 2014 at 2:56 pm
    Internet marketing is great and necessary. AND there are things you can do other than a web site to attract good customers. But direct mail marketing is still the very best way to bring in exactly the right customer for you. The customer with the right car, the right income and the desire to keep it in top condition. In other words – willing to spend money with you. Targeting by car make is far more accurate than income level targeting.

For those of you who are not aware that the ability to attract cars by make, model and year is available, even using the DMV List in 22 states, click below to find out what this strategy can do for you income. What you are looking for is a way to find the customer with the propensity and enough love for his car, to spend as a priority (without fear of cost) on his car. This is the only guy you will make serious money on. How can you bring in large numbers of this car owner? Click below for some ideas.

• theperfectday

March 13, 2014 at 6:40 am

What an awesome question. There is so much you can do on the internet now, I mean you can literally use Facebook to target people based on the specific car they drive and how long they have owned it. There is no doubt that the internet is going to continue to garner a larger part of our marketing.

A question I have though is, what are you guys doing to determine that x % of marketing is internet vs. x% traditional?

Is it just dollars spent?

Is it the number of marketing campaigns?

Is it the number of customers you get?

Is it the income you get from those customers?

The reason I ask is because with my clients shops if you looked at the dollars spent it probably skews toward the internet side. However if you look at the return on investment, the number swings way back to the traditional marketing.

Just to be clear I’m talking about total marketing, follow up, newsletter, birthday cards etc. Not just new customer marketing.

Interested to hear some thoughts.

Dave