Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Lift table – Engines, Drivetrain, Transmissions, Fuel Tanks, Subframes?

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Lift table – Engines, Drivetrain, Transmissions, Fuel Tanks, Subframes?

• Tom

December 6, 2019 at 10:18 am

Another option for much less money – comments welcome.

OTC 1585A

• Richard Zaagman

December 9, 2019 at 9:17 am

Looks nice.  Seems very expensive, unless you’re using one everyday.   We use heavy duty wheeled tables that seem to work pretty well.  Once we have most everything loose, we lower the car and drop the motor/trans on the table, then raise the car.  Probably not as nice as this, but thousands cheaper.

• Kevin Collette

December 10, 2019 at 9:31 am

AGA table is one of the best.  Very sturdy

• MIKE BLACKWOOD

December 10, 2019 at 2:05 pm

I have the OTC 1585A
    and have owned/used it for 10 years and don’t know how I would ever do without it. It has NEVER BROKEN for any reason and is more than just a lift table. We use it in an auto repair facility every day for remove drive train assembly’s of course but it is also an awesome adjustable welding/fab table, man lift, tire and or large brake hub removal table, differential removal, and on and on, it also works Great on all fuel tanks/pumps as well as 4wd transmission and transfer assemblies. OTC has always made good tools but this one in my opinion is the cream of the crop. I would certainly buy it again , especially at that price. If I remember correctly I paid twice that 10 years ago.

• Fred

December 11, 2019 at 5:28 pm

OTC, now owned by Bosch. We’ll see what happens. Our AGA is well made and has plumbob, nice attachments, strut accessory (pulling complete F-end w/struts) grade of steel used.

• J. Larry Bloodworth

December 20, 2019 at 11:50 am