Home » Forums » Employees » Has Anyone Found a Tech Using One of These 17 Companies?

Home Forums Employees Has Anyone Found a Tech Using One of These 17 Companies?

• Has Anyone Found a Tech Using One of These 17 Companies?

Posted by Tom on May 19, 2018 at 8:28 am

Have you found a tech using one of these companies?

ACTStaffing
    All Automotive Jobs
    Auto Career Professionals
    AutoCareCareerHub
    AutoJobs
    Automotive Crossings
    AutoServiceJobs.com
    AutoStaffNow
    CarPeople
    DieselTech
    Find A Mechanic
    Find A Wrench
    FleetJobs
    iATN Auto Pro Careers
    iHireAutomotiveProfessionals
    InAutomotive
    NeedTechs

#autotechhiring

J. Larry Bloodworth replied 5 years, 10 months ago 9 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Doug Mays

May 23, 2018 at 2:57 pm

never used them.

• Randy Lucyk

May 23, 2018 at 3:20 pm

The answer is Yes, once,  to the question that was asked. We have had listings with a few and gotten a few responses. The only hire was the worst tech i have ever had and it did not take long to figure it out. Talked a good game and thats where it ended. Only tech i ever told to roll his tool box off the property immediately.

I suspect some of them are delivering results in some cases or i don’t think they would still be around. We generally have enough entry level folks, and the techs we are looking for when we do need a line position filled are generally working and not necessarily looking. I suspect the best are never looking for long.

I have been involved in some “new technology” social media mining for working techs with minimal results.

In some cases it is whether they would want to work for me or the brand i fly.

• William Pankiw

May 23, 2018 at 6:43 pm

No.  I gave up years ago using the above listed services. .  I “Breed” my own from Automotive Tech Schools or College Automotive students that are paying tuition to be there.  This way they have a vested interest.  It’s just hard to get them to put their phone down (they look EVERYTHING up on Google)

Bill

• Tom Knapp

May 24, 2018 at 5:45 pm

oops I have never used them.

• ddumbauld

May 28, 2018 at 11:51 am

I have used ACTStaffing in the past. I did get access to many resumes, from all over the country, not willing to relocate, but very few in Arizona. We were not successful in landing any tech candidates within the subscription time. Chose not to renew. Great concept though.

Dan

• Chris

May 29, 2018 at 5:32 pm

ACTstaffing used to be good 6 years ago. Since then not so much. I try to have all of my clients grow their own.

Editing my post,

After writing this Joe Henry and I had a talk and he let me access the site again for a while to try it out and get a fresh perspective.

I like the custom resume search and the ease of posting an ad. I still find the regular resume search a little bit cumbersome. The most current potential employees available are on the first page. I find it a little confusing that there could be several pages of people that might not be looking.  After some thought though I think it is good to look past the 1st page and contact anyone that you are interested in, you never know what their current situation is and you might just be the shop the candidate has been needing and they just didn’t know it.

I was able to hire a service advisor that wasn’t looking for a job, he just listened for a few minutes and I told him what we offered and what our bonus pay plan was etc….

I would say that ACT should be used just like a tool in your tool box. If you never pull it out and use it then you can’t complain about it not working. If you need employees (who doesn’t) then I would give them a chance and really listen to what they can do and take good notes during the videos because even I missed some of the things their site can do.

If you aren’t currently doing anything to find employees then this will put you way above what you are currently doing.

You get out what you put in……………………..

• JoeHenry

May 29, 2018 at 8:18 pm

Hi Dan, Joe Henry here from ACT Auto Staffing. I had a chance to review your account after reading your comment and discovered that your account has many many Tech and service advisor resumes that were right in your neighborhood you did not even bother to view! As a courtesy I have opened up your account at no cost so you can see them! Just go to #13 “Custom Resume Searches/Applicants” and view 32 tech resumes on your side of Phoenix.

After that, please go to #8 “Resume Search”, put the 1st 3 numbers of your zip code (850), and select “Car and Light Truck Tech” and you will view  many many current tech resumes within 15 miles of your shop.

Contact me if you don’t still have your user and pass – Joe Henry 727-733-5600 7-days a week until 5:30pm pacific

• J. Larry Bloodworth

June 2, 2018 at 7:30 pm

No, I haven’t.