• November 18, 2016 at 12:39 am #65005
    MikeK

For those who have not made the transition to paperless work orders and inspection sheets, are you using color coding?

How is it implemented?
    What colors do you use?
    How do you work with stusu changing and the need to color over or add color?
    November 18, 2016 at 4:52 pm #74607
    Adam Woodill
    Participant

The only color “coding” I use is simply for my benefit:  I color code internal work and highlight “waiters”.   I am curious to hear exactly what you hope to accomplish by coding your orders.

-aw
    November 18, 2016 at 5:10 pm #74608
    Tom Ham
    Participant

Before we went paperless we used red, yellow and green highlighters on tech recommendations to designate priority / importance.

Common uses of colors in management and inspections software systems include recommendations priorities, maintenance due/not due, parts vs. labor vs. notes, WIP screen statuses, appointment types, and types of job kits.

Tom - Shop Owner since 1978

November 18, 2016 at 8:55 pm #74609

We use ***** in order of importance 5 stars. if a customer has 6 mm left on brake pads its 3 stars  

if they are worn to 4 mm its 4 stars.
    Seeping Valve cover gasket is 3 stars but a hi pressure seep like a oil stand ie oil filter adapter seal it going to be 5 stars 
    I hope this helps . 
    We use Bolt tabilets on for all our techs but we still use stars for importance 
    November 22, 2016 at 6:49 pm #74611
    rayrippey
    Participant

In our software we added status ‘lights’. This way you can see at a glance what status a particular work order is in. We have Blue, Red, Gold, and Green. We defaulted them to Waiting, Parts on Order, Started, and Finished.

But, you can rename the statuses for your own use. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.