Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Use lube stickers of others to promote

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Use lube stickers of others to promote

• Use lube stickers of others to promote

Posted by lowellnigoff on March 1, 2016 at 9:16 pm

We haven’t done this yet but I have some questions.

Many vehicles that come into your shop, for work, have had their lube service done somewhere else (quick lube, dealer, other shop). What if we took the information from the reminder sticker, saved it and sent the customer a timely service reminder (email, postcard, other) of our own?

Good idea/bad idea?

If you think this is a good idea, what should the reminder say?

Lowell

Brian’s Bluegrass Automotive

Lexington, KY

Tom replied 8 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tom

March 2, 2016 at 8:46 am

Lowell, we have done this for quite some time. We enter the info from the sticker into our software similar to the way it records when when we do an oil change. The customer gets a reminder which is the same as all of our other oil change reminders telling them that their oil change is due at a certain date and time. Today a lot of this info is available to anyone on the internet so I would think that it is just a matter of time before this becomes more common.

For what its worth, we save all old lube stickers from other shops when we do an oil change, then enter them into a spread sheet to track where these cars were for their last oil change – in other words, who are our competitors?
    I do recall going to a class one time where the instructor suggested removing all existing oil change stickers from other shops – whether you were doing and oil change or not – then installing your sticker with the info copied from the sticker from the other shop! We’ve never done that. 🙂