Home » Forums » Everything Else » Three Reasons Why Your Sales Should be Going UP Right Now – Not Down

Home Forums Everything Else Three Reasons Why Your Sales Should be Going UP Right Now – Not Down

• Three Reasons Why Your Sales Should be Going UP Right Now – Not Down

Posted by Site Administrator on March 25, 2020 at 2:08 pm

1: Customers who cannot commute to work are more available to you.

2: Vehicles sitting in garages and driveways instead of at a place of work are more available to you.

3: Customer income is being maintained, however, customer spending is down. So, your customer has more available cash.

It’s perfect conditions for getting one’s car serviced.

sosborn replied 4 years ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • John Burkhauser

March 26, 2020 at 8:19 am

You may want to reexamine #3.  It will take precedence over 1 and 2.

Personally I know of three lay offs so far this week.  Most live pay check to paycheck and its gone.

They need to eat.

Assistance may be weeks away.

Use this time to increase your ability to recover from all of this.  Clean, train and do things that you have been too busy to do.  Now.

• Rick White

March 27, 2020 at 1:03 pm

I do believe that things are not as dire as the news would like us to believe. Yes, there are layoffs and we need to have empathy for those people. I avoid blanket statements (everyone is unemployed or everyone is working are examples) because every sales situation is unique.

The national unemployment rate right now is estimated to be between 6 & 7 %. The peak of the recession in 2008 was 10%.

There are people working from home and there are people working in essential businesses or supporting essential businesses. I believe there are opportunities waiting for those shops willing to look for them and capitalize on them by serving their customer.

Stay safe!

Rick White

• Bobby Likis

March 27, 2020 at 1:34 pm

1: Customers who cannot commute to work are more available to you.

2: Vehicles sitting in garages and driveways instead of at a place of work are more available to you.

3: Customer income is being maintained, however, customer spending is down. So, your customer has more available cash.

It’s perfect conditions for getting one’s car serviced.

Obviously, you aren’t up to date on income, unemployment and/or the mindset of consumers due to the Virus.  With all due respect to the folks on this forum, I won’t share all my thoughts, but your statements make no sense whatsoever.  While it’s accurate that more vehicles are parked in home driveways than ever, at a time like this, car owners really don’t care about maintaining their cars.

• Site Administrator

Administrator
    March 27, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Our point is this.

Your staff is being given hundreds of reasons every day why customers will never buy at this time. All is lost. The economy is crashing. Your auto repair shop and their job is doomed.

One or more of the three reasons we listed WILL cause some customers to buy. Your staff needs to find those people and make the sale.

If you stubbornly maintain a negative outlook your staff will follow and it will be reflected in your sales.

• sosborn

March 27, 2020 at 5:55 pm

Shops that are located in residential or mixed retail areas will fair much better than shops located in industrial areas where customers and cars are not.  If you’re lucky enough to be in a residential area, you still have 50-70% of the local population doing the stay at home thing. They are following directions and know you are there and open, they just don’t think now is the time to leave the house.

In order to get a sale with the half of the customers that may not be income affected, you still need to get the car in the shop. Doesn’t matter who you are, you’re going to feel some pain from this.

I agree we need to stay positive, keep as many employees as possible and this is what the savings account is designed for.