Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Social media post ideas.

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Social media post ideas.

• Social media post ideas.

Posted by Trevor Silberhorn on April 9, 2020 at 10:41 am

Posting to social media everyday can be hard especially when it’s hard to see any return from it even if we know it’s important.  A tip i’ve been told is 1/5 posts should be about selling your service and 4/5 should be about anything else. Selling your service/ special post should be Tuesday or Wednesday.

I’d like everyone to bounce some idea in here that everyone can share and use. For example i’m thinking and posting something about reminding everyone to drive there cars about once a week while on quarantine for COVID -19 so the brakes don’t get too rusty and they keep the battery charges, etc. We have also done a video already explaining what we are doing to stay safe with the virus, wiping down cars, etc.

NION MARVIN replied 2 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Tom

April 9, 2020 at 11:07 am

I like to keep it simple. Pick a time during the day where you walk through the shop (the entire building in and out), take a photo (or video) of something – anything. Oil change. Smiling service advisor. Customer waiting. Brake job. Putting away inventory. Pretty much anything. Post it and add a brief description. We see this stuff every day, but most people do not and many find it interesting. They get more comfortable with you as they see more and more of your shop. 🙂

• J. Larry Bloodworth

April 9, 2020 at 2:12 pm

Here’s a great webinar on taking great shop photos that was posted yesterday after the live webinar on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/pBL2ThOr9aA

• Kevin S

April 10, 2020 at 9:48 am

Link is missing or broken.

• Site Administrator

Administrator
    April 10, 2020 at 9:53 am

Link is missing or broken.

Should be fixed now. It does take them a few minutes to get underway.

• J. Larry Bloodworth

April 10, 2020 at 6:33 pm

What Tom and Trevor say is correct.  However, I’d like to put my 2-cents in.

As long as I worked IN the business at my shop, I didn’t have much time for anything except putting out fires.  It was only after I hired a manager that was I able to work ON the business.  I learned this after reading 3 of Michael Gerber’s books.

When I finally realized my job role was marketing and making the phone ring off the hook did we really start being highly profitable.  Before I just had a job and the “profit” was my paycheck.  I couldn’t even sell the business if I wanted to because nobody wants to buy a job.

The bottom line is to hire someone to run the day-to-day operations while you work on all things marketing and making the phone ring off the hook.

Next soapbox, please…

• Natalie Paris

April 13, 2020 at 6:48 pm

Those are all great! always try to create posts that will be helpful for my customers or something that will make their life easier.

I don’t know if this will help but with all the other things that need to get done, I create all my posts once a month and schedule them instead of getting on weekly. Hootsuite is the program that I use to schedule social media posts, it’s a life saver.

• NION MARVIN

July 28, 2021 at 12:26 pm

Good link! I learned a lot of useful things for myself! I always try to create messages that will be useful to my clients or something that will make their life easier, it is very useful and beneficial. Especially if the posts are informative and contain a short description of the problem and its solution. A good photo will also attract attention, but I had problems with that. Service is how much more important to me, therefore it is worth focusing on it.