Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Shop Websites – Are You Normal or Odd?

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Shop Websites – Are You Normal or Odd?

• Shop Websites – Are You Normal or Odd?

Posted by Tom on January 21, 2020 at 4:02 pm

My personal experience with website contact forms for various types of businesses recently.

Co. 1 Contacted 12/20, no reply yet.

Co. 2 Contacted 1/11, replied, said would stop by, never heard from them again.

Co. 3 Contacted 1/13, replied and said we don’t exchange information via the internet. Call us.

Co. 4 Contacted 1/13, no reply yet.

Co. 5 Contacted 1/18, no reply yet.

Co. 6 Contacted 1/20, I called the next day because I needed it handled fast, they said their email is broken.

Don’t be normal. Be odd. Chances are your competitors are like the companies above which makes them easy to beat.

John Burkhauser replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lany Tran

February 22, 2020 at 9:33 pm

We give priority to customer service. Who doesn’t want to have a good relationship with costumers right? Been working for https://www.subarupartspros.com/ and what we did is have a separate team just to answer emails or even calls about issues. I feel like too many follow-ups would break your company.

• John Burkhauser

February 24, 2020 at 8:18 am

First issue: Does the shop even have a website, Facebook page or other online presence?

Second:  When was the last time they did anything with the online presence?

Third: Most online forms are sent to a third party who emails the contacts to the shop and everyone is too busy to look at them.

A integrated solution is needed that not only puts the appointment request in front of the staff immediately, it identifies your customer from your management system and allows the customer to up-sell themselves based on recommended services from previous visits and can be set to limit customer waiting appointments.

The solution exists. PM me if interested in more information