Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Shop Equipment Wish List Time Again!

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Shop Equipment Wish List Time Again!

• Shop Equipment Wish List Time Again!

Posted by Tom on December 25, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Every year at this time we ask all employees, full and part-time, all positions, to give us a list of ten things they think we should consider buying or doing. It can be anything. Scanner, landscaping, coffee items – anything. Last year we bought almost everything they asked for, plus a bunch more that I came up with. This is a great way to find out what is really needed at your business. If I generally ask the question from time to time, I don’t get a lot of responses. But making the wish list every year, especially after you do it a few times and they know it’s real, finds the answers I am looking for. Try it! 🙂

William Pankiw replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Frank

January 3, 2022 at 4:23 pm

YES! I love doing this – we just updated our hunter aligner (35K) and we are getting quotes on door openers for the bay doors so each tech can have a remote to open/close doors when pulling in or out, and a car pusher is next

• William Pankiw

January 19, 2022 at 6:56 pm

I do this as well every January with my Service Manager, Shop Foreman, and every Technician. We just purchased 2 new Scanners from Snap On to compliment our Shop Key management program, 1 being a new Pro Link scanner for Isuzu and Hino. When my Shop Foreman stated “We should get a new Sledge Hammer before someone kills them self’s”, I was floored, I never knew nor do I use it, so we purchased a new Wilton 16LB. 1 piece on Amazon, cheap insurance. As the old saying goes, “You don’t get unless you ask” I wish Great success to everyone in 2022.

Bill Pankiw