Home » Forums » Everything Else » Networking

Home Forums Everything Else Networking

• Networking

Posted by gcauto on July 8, 2011 at 8:03 pm

If there are any other small shops out there that are interested in forming an online relationship, just to bounce ideas off each other or to chat about what we do day to day, let me know! While we do have business relationships with other shops in our area, I’ve found that sometimes due to competition, it’s hard to just “talk” to those in similar situations (small shops, husband and wife teams) in the area.

Thanks and have a great day!

chogan replied 10 years, 11 months ago 19 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • keithminn

July 11, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I certainly would welcome a regular discussion and relationship. One possibility is to set up a regular conference call where we jump on by calling a 800 number the number of separate shops is basically limitless. You can email me directly to discuss this further if your interested in conference calling or other thoughts.

• JeffreyD

July 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I am interested in sharing ideas and experiences. However since I am involved in all aspects of the business it is very hard for me to set aside any amount of time at a specific time so websites and email are best for me.

• DAVID MCGINNIS

July 12, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I am also interested in networking. Let me know

• JeffreyD

July 12, 2011 at 7:33 pm

David

I was stationed at Shaw AFB in 1983. Loved the area.

Jeff

• gcauto

July 13, 2011 at 12:48 pm

With as much as the conference call sounds like a great idea, I’m the only person here in the office, so I don’t think that’s an option at this time.

However, if your interested in bouncing ideas off each other via email, that’s more what I’m looking for.

Thanks!

Cheryl

• gcauto

July 13, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Hi David,

Send me your email address and we’ll “talk”. gcauto@dejazzd.com

• gcauto

July 13, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Jeff,

Where is Shaw AFB?

• Tom Piippo

July 13, 2011 at 9:37 pm

It looks like this networking group is on its way :-)

• J.P. Glenn

July 15, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I would be interested as well!

intercoastalautoservice@yahoo.com

J.P. Glenn

Intercoastal Auto Service

Melbourne, FL

• gmjauto

July 19, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I would be interested. We are in a small town too, and “competition” doesn’t always like to share ideas/tips. I am not sure about doing conference calls due to scheduling issues, but emails sound good!

Thanks

gmjauto@yahoo.com

• timsmall

July 19, 2011 at 4:29 pm

phone would not work Its to busy and I cant tie up a line. Emil or Facebook chat would work well

• gcauto

July 20, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Hi Tim,

If you’re still interested in chatting via email, send your email address to gcauto@dejazzd.com.

Thanks!

Cheryl

• hoauto

July 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Add me to the list! We are on an island (there is a bridge on one end) and it would be nice to bounce ideas off other small shop owners/managers. Email or chat is fine with me.

Andy

• nctransmission

July 26, 2011 at 3:26 pm

ooo oooo me too me too!

daniel@nctransmission.net

• Wayne

August 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm

add me to thelist too

• Alan Ollie

August 30, 2011 at 1:17 am

Why not post everyone’s ideas and questions in the Marketing forum on this great site.

• jmanchester

September 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I used to belong to a group that did this sort of thing and it worked well. It is hard to talk to someone in your market, you can add me to the list.

• John Carr

September 15, 2011 at 2:33 am

Please add me to your list. I attempted to start a NAPA business development group, it failed to catch on.

Thanks

John

• gjones

November 7, 2011 at 1:48 am

CHERYL, SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA. I AM A PA SHOP NORTH OF ALLENTOWN IN BIZ FOR 16 YEARS. 4 BAYS 2 TECHS 1 OFFICE PERSON AND MYSELF.I AM ON THIS SITE NOW TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A PAY SCALE FOR A NEW SA.LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE IDEAS. EMAIL WORKS BEST HERE. THANKS………………GEORGE

• petro

March 9, 2013 at 12:11 am

Is the email Networking still on?

• frank-jozwiak

March 27, 2013 at 5:35 am

Hey Guys & Gals, I am new to this and would like to get involved in the discussions of getting new ideas and plans together to improve business. Please let me know and any ideas that I have I will be glad to share. Have been in the business for about 25 years, so I have some experience.

Thanks

Frank

• BAYVIEWMOORE

March 27, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been involved with 20 Groups and Financial Forums over the years and must say that I have found great value in them. Would anyone be interested in setting up a group that meets once a year? We could bounce the location around to accomodate those on the coasts. These groups are only as good as what we put into them. I believe that 10 to 12 participants is all we need. Sometimes it helps to pull yourself away from the shop for a couple of days. As long as we are not in competing markets, we should be fine. I’m all the way up in Canada and I’d be willing to meet once a year if not twice! As long as we take back one good idea that we can put into practice and sell, sell, sell: it will all be worth while.I’ll even go out on a limb and facillatate the first meeting. We are all here for the same reason; to grow the business. Just my two cents. I’m in if you are…
    Gerry Mooney
    President, Bayview Moore Automotive/Top Fuel Tuning
    416-421-2020
  • chogan

May 16, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Has there been any further activity on a discussion group? I too would be willing to be involved.