Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Is Your Shop a Preferred Vendor for Local Businesses?

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Is Your Shop a Preferred Vendor for Local Businesses?

• Is Your Shop a Preferred Vendor for Local Businesses?

Posted by Tom on August 7, 2014 at 8:11 am

Do you have any kind of a preferred vendor program that you offer to businesses?

We do it for one large company and are looking for more ideas to improve the program.
    Currently their employees get standard oil changes for $9.95, every 6th oil change free, and free pick up and delivery for services above $250. The program is only a few months old. It is not yet a raging success, but it does get new folks in without spending money to advertise (the company pretty much does that for us). I think that in the long run we will benefit from it.
    Looking for any suggestions, ideas, input, etc. Thanks in advance!
    marcdaniels replied 9 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • marcdaniels

August 12, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Hello,

We currently have a preferred vendor program set up with 2 local larger area businesses. Each one comprising of approx. 250 employees. We have been doing it for about 2 months now and it has been an amazing success at this point. We offer 10% off any service or repair. Free pick up and delivery, Free loaner vehicles for extended service needs. I had plastic credit card size cards made up with the company name on it and it’s their VIP card. All they do is show it and save. We even open it up to family members. All VIP cards and an introductory card to go with it detailing the program to the employees was less than $300 made. My first month ROI was over $8000.00! It has been a great program and the employees appreciate it very much not just from us but from their employer. That’s how I presented it to the companies higher ups. It will make them look good. We are also trying specials just for them. Like right now we have a oversized postcard that is getting handed out with their paychecks this week that gives them 5 different specials just for employees of the company for back to school. The cost vs. ROI is always way better than traditional marketing plus you their full attention and no other repair shop is going to be doing the same thing. If you treat them good and build good relationships if another shop thought about doing it as well, the business already has someone…you! Good luck with it.