Home » Forums » Everything Else » Hybrid Training and investment

Home Forums Everything Else Hybrid Training and investment

Tagged: 

• Hybrid Training and investment

Posted by Unknown Member on November 2, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Just wondering if anyone has invested in hybrid training for their employees, who you used, and how satisfied you were with the results. Also, how has your hybrid business increased and do you feel it was worth it?

Frank replied 6 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Richard Zaagman

November 7, 2017 at 4:31 pm

At this point we have not invested much.  Seems like 10 years ago there was more training available for Hybrids than there is currently, at least that I’m noticing.  My philosophy in that regard right now is kind of a wait and see.   We are not seeing many Hybrids, at least ones with issues that needs to be addressed.  When and if we start running into problems, we’ll ramp up the training.  Right or wrong, that’s my plan.  Perhaps we are not seeing that many because Euro car brands seem to have lagged behind in this area and that’s mostly what we work on.

• Alan Ollie

November 7, 2017 at 4:53 pm

We all need to. Seems like most car are going in that direction. The largest car company in the world will soon be all Hybrid.

When Will Electric Cars Go Mainstream? It May Be Sooner Than You Think

• Edward

November 8, 2017 at 8:11 am

I almost went the franchise route with “The Hybrid Shop” but decided against it at the last minute due to their insistence on being able to offer the same battery regen hardware/software to the local Toyota dealerships and any nearby government motor pools. A significant investment is required, and while I liked the look and feel of their program, I felt like the opportunity existed for them to undermine my “exclusive” territorial rights.

• Frank

November 10, 2017 at 7:47 pm

training will not increase your hybrid business, marketing does that. training keeps your techs safe. – we have trained some of ours techs and plan on all of them being trained by mid 2018

future tech does our training: https://www.futuretechauto.com/