• Posted by Richard Zaagman on December 19, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Anyone else out there still using CustomerLink, especially if you first used Demandforce?

CL approached us again and we’re considering making a switch from DF to CL. Would like to connect with anyone that’s made this transition.

Most specifically, have any of you had any favorable results from their New Customer Acquisition program.

Owe CL a phone call the early part of next week, so your timely response is appreciated.

Richard Zaagman replied 11 years, 3 months ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • chubby

December 25, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I have used customer link for 2yrs now, very happy with results, I

have never used demand force, last yr at Xmas I had 7% return on

cards, tim

• rpmgeorge

December 26, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hi,

We use CL since 1998 and the customer response is steady with the ussual seasonal ripples. We never tried there new customer Aquisition program due the expense of Mailings per card. We use CL for all our customer communication (approx. a buko per card) and MM for our prospect mailings (less then half the price) which allows us to double the market saturation. New customers get automaticly mailed thru CL after database update. However, the last 9 month we experienced a decline in responses from MM as well as CL, posible market uncertenties which should correct it self over the next 12 month.

George

• stevecarnes

December 26, 2012 at 2:02 pm

We have been using Customer link for over 2years-we are very happy with it. I recently thought of changing to demand force to up my game in social media but when I called to change, Customer link told me of their new program with social media. I’ll give it a try for at least 6 months and see if it makes a difference.

• Richard Zaagman

December 26, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve used Demandforce for a couple years now and have mostly been pleased with the results. Not necessarily considering CL as a replacement, but more likely to augment our marketing efforts with DF.

Sounds as though, unless I’ve missed something, none of you are currently utilizing CL’s New Customer Acquisition program. That’s specifically what we may add in the near future, and I was curious to see if anyone had results to report.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• ashcanharry2

December 30, 2012 at 6:13 pm

HAD CUSTOMER LINK, SWITCHED TO DEMAND FORCE. I’M SWITCHING BACK TO CUSTOMER LINK.CL WAS THE FIRST TO START THIS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY. GO WITH CL, YOU’LL COME OUT AHEAD IN THE LONG RUN.

• rhopp

December 30, 2012 at 8:15 pm

We’ve used both. Switched from CL To DF looking for better social

connections. Worked ok. Garage management Software change brought us

back to CL. both treated us well, few complaints.

The New Cust Acquisition program was a flop for us though. Tried it

twice, several thousand dollars wasted. Followed their

recommendations to the tee. Zero to one response.

• Richard Zaagman

December 31, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

• Richard Zaagman

January 11, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Thanks for the dialogue. This has been helpful.

To answer the question posed earlier of follow-up phone calls, our experience has been they aren’t received as warmly as might have been suggested. We know this is, in part, because customers are already receiving follow-up correspondence electronically, so it seems somewhat redundant (to them) to field another “touch.” That said, we’ve been mostly happy with our after-the-sale process.