Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Are You Going Far Enough with SEO on Your Website?

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Are You Going Far Enough with SEO on Your Website?

• Are You Going Far Enough with SEO on Your Website?

Posted by Site Administrator on July 27, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Finding The Balance Between Users & Computers

Optimizing your website for search engines is essential to get your brand in front of users. If search engines don’t recognize or approve of your website, it will be difficult for anyone to find it. But is it possible to go too far in trying to appease the search engine algorithm wizards? We have to remember that websites are for people to use. And in the cases of automotive businesses, websites should be turning those people into paying customers!

What is SEO? For business owners who start marketing, the term SEO is probably a familiar concept. Search Engine Optimization is pretty much exactly as it sounds: optimizing for search engines. In basic terms, the idea is to improve your digital presence so that search engines view your brand as favorably as possible. So the next question is how does SEO help my business?

1. HAVE A GREAT WEBSITE
    SEO is about building strong authority so that your target customer can find you when an applicable search is made — something like “auto repair near me,” for example. Building authority usually starts with a website. (Don’t have one? We can build one for you!) Having an awesome website with high-quality content about your services, such as oil changes or bumper repair, is great for search engines since it shows them you know what you’re talking about.

2. THE USER EXPERIENCE
    If your website doesn’t function well or if the content doesn’t help people find what they’re looking for, it will not be successful. Think about your own online habits. Isn’t it frustrating when a page loads too slowly, is broken, or doesn’t contain the subject matter you’re looking for? Starting in June 2021, Google is launching on-page experience as a ranking factor into its algorithm. So it’s extremely important to ensure your website delivers for the customer.

3. RANKINGS MATTER, BUT RESULTS MATTER MORE
    The goal of SEO is turning potential customers into actual customers. If you focus solely on ranking well, you may end up in a situation where you’ve tailored your SEO for the search engine, but not for the user and your website may not yield the results you are looking for. So how can you know if your website and marketing efforts are yielding results? There are better methods focused on measuring results rather than rankings.

MEASURING SUCCESS
    One of the best tools to view your business’ marketing success is Google Analytics. It tracks how many visitors come to your website and how those users interact with your website. Did they take any action, like scheduling an appointment or making a phone call? Knowing how many online appointments and calls to your shop you are receiving is the gauge of marketing success!
    Establishing how many actual customers you have acquired via conversion tracking through all the organic channels, including Google My Business, your website, and others, is super important for measuring success.

MORE CLICKS, MORE CUSTOMERS, MORE CARS
    If you feel like your marketing needs improvement to get you to reach your goals, contact our experts for more information. Autoshop Solutions is here to help automotive businesses succeed online! Our SEO team can help your shop get found online so you get more cars in your bays!

J. Larry Bloodworth replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • J. Larry Bloodworth

March 11, 2022 at 1:43 pm

<p>I use call tracking to identify where my leads are coming from.  In addition, by using call tracking you can find which keywords attract the best customers/jobs.  Check it out for yourself at The Call Tracking I Used</p>

• J. Larry Bloodworth

March 11, 2022 at 5:25 pm

<p>We are a transmission-only repair shop; no G/R.  It only takes ONE LINE of JavaScript on your homepage to enable call tracking.  Additionally, you have a “hidden page” that the call tracking software can hit with all the call analytics.  We had not only call scoring with our plan but conversation analytics as well.  I would listen to the recording of low-scoring calls to find out what keywords attracted such calls.</p><p>I quickly learned that any keyword that had to do with leaks, noises, and vibrations were either just shoppers, people with little to no money, or time-wasters.   I dropped those kinds of keywords and phrases.  In the beginning, I had around 1,200 keywords.  Over time, I whittled it down to about 25-30 high-value keywords that attracted good customers with big tickets.  Our ARO was about $1,800 and our Major Average Repair Order (MARO) was $3,500.  A side benefit was we rarely ended up with “dead jobs” in our back parking lot.</p><p>BTW, our parking lot is double-fenced with 3/4 acre of paved parking.  Check it out:</p><p>Certified Transmissions Draper, Utah</p>

• Tom

March 12, 2022 at 9:41 am

<p>Good info, Larry. Thanks.</p>

• J. Larry Bloodworth

April 3, 2022 at 4:30 am

There is a nifty tool I discovered a number of years ago that rates websites by all the important criteria.  This is especially important for SEO.  Their website is https://gtmetrix.com/.  While they do offer a paid version that has more features and benefits, the free version still offers a lot.  Try it out!