Home » Forums » Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events » What Do You Recommend Reading?

Home Forums Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events What Do You Recommend Reading?

• What Do You Recommend Reading?

Posted by joecval on April 6, 2011 at 2:23 am

I normally don’t read just for fun but more with a purpose to learn and improve. What books have you read that you found beneficial?

I just started reading the book “Selling the Invisible, a field guide to modern marketing” by Harry Beckwith and it is very good so far.

I have also read “Financial Peace Revisited” by Dave Ramsey, very good for managing home and business spending. I wish I would have read it sooner

joecval replied 12 years, 4 months ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • nctransmission

April 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I just finished read Ayn Rand’s classic “Atlas Shrugged” I found it to be thought provoking, at times intense and poignant, and at other times fantastical and silly. But it refreshed my desire to be the best producer that I can be, to be proud of the jobs that my team produces and to not worry about my pricing all the time because we CAN charge for the ability we have gathered.

• Rick White

April 12, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Two books I have read multiple times are “The Go-Giver” by Bob Burg and John David Mann and “The Energy Bus” by Jon Gordon. Both books are parables and quick reads with some very powerful messages. If you would like some more titles, let me know.

Have a FUN & PROFITABLE day!

Rick

• robc

April 12, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Customers for Life, by Carl Sewell. The other two books by Beckwith are also great. I buy my books used at the website ABE Books for great savings. It is a collection of bookstores from all over the US and England.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    April 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm

“The E-myth” is always a great read to encourage me to refine the policies and procedures to operate a great business.

• Greg Minnick

August 4, 2011 at 12:25 am

Browse the works of Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Tom Hopkins, Seth Godin.

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Good to Great by Jim Collins and Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh.

I’m considering The Checklist Manifesto, but haven’t read it yet.

• mkleiman

August 11, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Hire Tough Manage Easy

• sutton32-aol-com

August 12, 2011 at 11:04 am

All of these posted books are great. I also like Dan Kennedy’s work

the No B/S series. Keeping reading and learning. But do the hardest thing Implement something new.

• joecval

November 24, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Just about finished with Dave Ramsey’s “EntreLeadership” He writes about things he has done over the decades that have helped him and his brand become what it is. I really am enjoying it and able to take some great ideas to implement.