Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Website Designers – Links, Ratings and Reviews

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Website Designers – Links, Ratings and Reviews

Tagged: ,

• lakecitytrans

February 9, 2015 at 1:10 pm

I am working with AutoShop Solutions right now.  I have mixed feelings about their effort and design at this point.  Jury is out on how it will bring in new business as the new site has not launched.

• Voit Ritch

February 9, 2015 at 1:36 pm

You should probably include Kukui in the list as they are an up and coming player in the world of automotive websites

• hooverstauto

February 9, 2015 at 4:10 pm

I’m very happy with the results I’m getting from “Robert Maxim Website Solutions”.  After a few years working with one of the large Automotive Web company’s you all probably know, I had a very “pretty” website but, my results (my ranking) were still in the back of the pack.  Through a referral, I found Doug at Robert Maxim… it made a huge difference. You can check it out at http://www.HooverStreetAuto.com  Note: We are in the process of adding additional service pages and still have some “organizing” of the tabs to get done. Doug’s been great to work with, any questions, feel free to contact me.  Brian@HooverStreetAuto.com 

• Site Administrator

Administrator
    February 9, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Kukui has now been added – thanks

• tanotter

February 10, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I had dealings with several website/SEO companies.  It was not pleasant or productive.  I am so glad to know Doug at Robert Maxium.  He has helped our already built website move up, fixed it up and given me tons of useful and helpful information.  It’s been a great business relationship that I hope will go on for a long time.

Tracy Uguccioni
    Auto Tech Center
    Ann Arbor, MI
    auto-tech.us

• autos

February 16, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Doug at Robert Maxim Website Solutions has made getting a website up and running a piece of cake. It is refreshing to talk to a professional that knows what he is doing and how to do it.

Michael Oliver

Oliver Import Auto Service  1715 Western Ave  Chicago Heights, IL  http://www.OliverImportAuto.com

• larrybloodworth

February 16, 2015 at 11:20 pm

This post is for the shop owner who is website and internet savvy, but doesn’t know programming, SEO, or SEM.  We use Odesk.com.  It is a global community of freelance webmasters, programmers and SEO/SEM gurus who either work by the hour or by the job for a fixed fee.

We have spent thousands with several freelancers. Philippines, Pakistan, Ukraine, and Indonesia to name a few.  We had a complete mobile-friendly website built for under $500 bucks.  Can’t beat that.
    You can hire people to write for your blog, respond to E-mail, or basically do any task you can think of.  All you have to do is come up with a specific set of written instructions.  Check it out and see if you don’t get hooked like I did.
    J. Larry Bloodworth, CMAT
    Certified Transmissions
    Draper, Utah 84020
    P.S. We spent $60K with Google last year.
  • Alan Ollie

March 14, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Doug at Robert Maxim Website Solutions is a professional that knows what he is doing and how to do it.Too bad more people don’t give him bigger budgets to show how nice a job he does.Check out one of his really nice sites http://www.autocentricrepair.com

I have many people doing many different areas on my sites. 

ppc , blogs, answering questions on many forums . And data management from every inquiry we receive about 100 new email addresses a month . We email every person who did not come in and downloaded a first time coupon.  

Our sites and upkeep costs about 4% of our gross sales.

Super fast mobile site , proper grammar (as you can see from my posts i don not write on the site i just make drafts and leave it up to someone else to figure out the balance between seo and natural speaking. 

germancardepot.com   Simple site but is out paceing my ppc. Cheers ollie 

• pbrennan

October 28, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Good points everyone is making. 

I rate good web designs with the following factors in mind, in order of importance:
    1. Conversions – Is it designed in a way that will maximize the number of phone calls & customers you get? I.E., large phone numbers that are click-able, customer reviews that build trust, mobile-friendly design, easy to read colors, calls-to-action, etc.
    2. SEO-ability – Is structured to take advantage of best-practice SEO techniques. This includes things like a mobile-friendly design, use of rich snippets / micro formats, website speed, and strategic internal linking – to name a few.
    3. “Future Proof” – Hard to measure & evaluate, but it should be built on a content management system or platform that is consistently supported & updated, plus give you the ability to manage & control the site yourself, should you ever want to take it over or switch providers.

I personally have seen & like Kukui’s designs, although I think there are a few usability improvements they can make (like making their website templates responsive & not just having a mobile-friendly version of the site). 
  • edwinsmith

March 8, 2017 at 12:29 am

Along with direct mailing service, postcard and letterheads as well as other print marketing medium, this one http://www.digitekprinting.com/letterhead is one of the reliable resources.