Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » Using Email Addresses in Mitchell?

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software Using Email Addresses in Mitchell?

• Using Email Addresses in Mitchell?

Posted by Tom on December 27, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Has anyone come up with a reasonably efficient way to use and manage email addresses for marketing in Mitchell?

We’d like to be able to use them similarly to the way one can use regular street addresses for sending out recommendations and specials.

The email address set up in Mitchell (formerly CAS) has not been updated since it went from DOS to Windows95 back in about 1996 or 1997 (and from what I have been told, there are no future plans by Mitchell to update it).

But, I figure some computer wizard out there has a way around it.

Thanks!

Alan Ollie replied 13 years ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • mkloosterman

January 21, 2011 at 5:07 am

Not the easiest way nor the least expensive way, but you could always switch to Vast and have killer software support AND be able to e-mail your customers from anywhere in the software and also be able to use your customers e-mail addresses for doing a mail merge by e-mail…

• guy

January 21, 2011 at 11:44 am

You could also upgrade your Mitchell Software to Mitchell Enterprise and have that functionality.

• Tom

January 21, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Marty Kloosterman wrote:

> Not the easiest way nor the least expensive way, but you could always switch to Vast and have killer software support AND be able to e-mail your customers from anywhere in the software and also be able to use your customers e-mail addresses for doing a mail merge by e-mail…

Anything is possible, Marty. Stop by next time you are in town.

• Tom

January 21, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Guy Lapierre wrote:

> You could also upgrade your Mitchell Software to Mitchell Enterprise and have that functionality.

Can you point me to some shops now using it?

Thanks!

• guy

January 23, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I’d rather not post their names in a forum without their permission. Email me directly if you would like some references and I will definitely round some up for you.

• sbaltzer

January 26, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Hi Tom,

Did’t know if you’re asking this question to create a discussion or to use in your own shop. As a CustomerLink customer, we capture your email addresses from Mitchell and most of 200 other systems. We show you have over 300 email addresses from “active” customers. For free, we send an email when we send out a mailer for any reason, Thank Yous, Factory Scheduled Maintenance, Technician Rec., Haven’t Seen You, Seasonal Specials, Moving Notices, etc. There’s no extra charge for the emails and they go out daily just like the post cards and will have the market segmentation graphics.

And if you open your CustomerLink WebLink page you can download to Excel your customer list and it will show all the email addresses if you want to do your own email blast.

Hope this helps.

• danrsauto

January 26, 2011 at 10:53 pm

What is Mitchell Enterprise – We use Mitchell . We have the same issue that Mitchell want’s to hold everything where they can get monies out of it , you would think they would have learned from the old TRIAD days.

I belive they would be able to charge more for the software and gain client base if they changed beliefs. I told a Mitchell rep , joining Carfax and selling info on the net to the general public will be some down fall ,along with other ventures they are doing to support the DIY’s . He Stated it is Snapon doing this ?.

• camarillo2

March 23, 2011 at 2:54 am

Hi Tom

InvoMax-2011 sends on the spot repair orders as well as scheduled service reminders by email address or cell phone text message at no charge.

• Alan Ollie

March 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I use customer links tool now and sort by last in and $ spent ,upload to Constant contact

but used to open the smcore32.mdb file with Microsoft Access then cut and paste 8 fields in excel then upload them to constant contact. It sucks i do it every month or two. Seems like about 75- 100 new email addresses every time i do it.

• sbaltzer

April 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Hi Ollie, it might be easier to open your CustomerLink weblink dashboard, click Database Management, click Export and an Excel spreadsheet will open with all your active customers, or inactive or all if you want. Then sort by the email address column. Then export that to your email sending program.

Or have your account manager do it for you. Our email reminders are very colorful with your logo, etc. and you can customize them with various offers if you want. If you need more email addresses for your customers we can “append” them to your records for only $25 per 100 email matches. Or we’ll do a one time free “append” for your entire database when you sign up for our Smrt 2.0 online reviews, landing “place” page, Facebook, Twitter, social media, CSI, on-line reputation management package.

• Alan Ollie

April 11, 2011 at 12:59 am

The data that Customer link can query is powerful. I sent very targeted emails and mail and redeemed 27 coupons related to customer link last month avg ticket over $450. The best coupon yet was 10% off labor.