• dawnwiley

February 18, 2015 at 8:28 pm

I’m looking into a system that I can depend on for texting to customers too.

We are seeking a solution to communicate with the customers
    faster and are seeking input on Software for the PC or an App for an Apple
    hand held device for text messaging.

Our plan is to use it ONLY to inform a customer that we
    are ready to go over their vehicle and to call us when they have time to talk. 

My research includes:

1.)   
    Our Winworks Autoshop invoicing system has a free texting
    feature built in to the program, but it appears that all texts must go thru
    their server and comes thru as a text from Winworks – (I need to see if the
    wording can change to suit us – I’ll confirm that tomorrow)

2.)   
    PC Software for texting can have a fee per text plus the software costs money

3.)   
    App software for texting can be free but I don’t
    yet have an Apple device purchased for this project yet. 

4.)   
    CRM companies offer free texting when
    subscribing to their services – Monthly subscription can start at $200 per
    month or more.

• blvdauto

February 23, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Cheapest texting is done by a cell phone you own.

I use this method, and I haven’t regretted it yet.

I post the shop number to call me back at, and the customers use the shop number instead of my cell number.

Nelson Vargues

http://www.blvdautorepair.com

• Alan Ollie

March 14, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Hi Nelson , Cheap is not the same as Value.I already have way to many customers with our crews cell #s

Bolt On reminds people of upcoming appointments, Tells people to call us for a quote ,Tells customers there car is done and so much more .
    Plus the Techs and service advisers and porter can message very easily it come up on every tablet and computer in the shop.We have 900 customers opted in to text messaging. 
    They have a free trial check it out . Ollie 
  • rayrippey

May 28, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Our software has that built in messaging that uses the cell phone carriers email to text features. Just select the carrier for the customer (you’ll need to ask the customer.. this is as good as an opt-in), put in a cell phone# and send them messages anytime from the RO screen. EZ and Free.

• Adam Jadovitz

May 28, 2015 at 5:08 pm

We are happy with the Bolt On also. 

• pbrennan

November 4, 2015 at 7:17 pm

I personally think this would be an excellent way to stand out from the crowd. Millienials & Gen Y are just coming into more $$$ & will start representing a much larger portion of your customer base. Plus, texting is a very easy & unobtrusive way to keep your customer informed – as long as it’s not marketing-related.

I don’t see a problem if your SA were to say something like “Can I text your cell to notify you that your vehicle is done being inspected / ready for pickup?” It’s much more convenient for busy, working people & again – could set you apart.
    Bolt on looks pretty promising!
  • acoliajja

December 13, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Do you have all three bolt on modules for the $299 a month or a smaller package ?  

• Alan Ollie

December 22, 2015 at 11:12 am

we use bold on it works nice.