Home » Forums » Expense Control & Financial » Survey – How Much $ Would You Cut From US Fed Budget?

Home Forums Expense Control & Financial Survey – How Much $ Would You Cut From US Fed Budget?

• Survey – How Much $ Would You Cut From US Fed Budget?

Posted by Site Administrator on March 6, 2011 at 4:52 pm

The issue:

Projected spending for 2012 – $3,800 billion ($3.8T)

Projected income for 2012 – $2,200 billion ($2.2T)

Which of the amounts below is closest to what you would cut if you could decide?

_____ $33 billion – suggested by White House

_____ $100 billion – suggested by US House of Rep. majority

_____ $500 billion – suggested by junior US Senator from Kentucky

_____ $1,600 billion ($1.6T) – suggested by former Governor of New Mexico

*Amounts are approximate

Tom replied 13 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jon

March 8, 2011 at 1:41 am

1.6 trillion. We need business people and not politicians running the country. You know where we would be if we kept spending more than we made year after year, that’s right out of business. My 2 cents (sorry the government got that too).

• Pat Andersen

March 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm

The last time there was a government shut-down due to budget arguments they actually only shut down the “non-essential” government offices and services. No one I know noticed a difference in their normal daily routines while the government was “shut down”.

I think we should start by permanently shutting down all non-essential government departments. According to the enumerated powers described in the Constitution the federal government only has the authority to offer essential services anyway. I don’t know exactly how much we’d save if we did this but I’d bet the budget would be balanced with plenty left over if we held them to the rules.

• Tom Piippo

March 15, 2011 at 1:55 pm

The fact that our students are doing poorly in school is nothing new… It is obvious that those in charge of our nations finances have failed both math and economics.

1.6 trillion

• Tom

March 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm

$1.6T would be a good start.

But, it would have to be more than that to pay down the debt.