Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » Scheduling software

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software Scheduling software

• Posted by Unknown Member on August 13, 2013 at 8:47 am

I currently use NAPA TRACS as my management software. I am not happy with their scheduling software and need to handwrite a schedule. In this day and age I find this rediculous. I am very happy with TRACS otherwise. Does anyone recommend a scheduling program I can purchase?

larrybloodworth replied 10 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • rayrippey

August 19, 2013 at 11:39 am

Our demo comes with an appointment scheduler, and it’s free to use if it works for you.

http://www.workordersoft.com

Ray

• sosborn

August 19, 2013 at 11:40 am

If you’re looking for a great “Work in Progress” screen along with scheduling capability, try http://www.precisionautotime.com/ 

• mylesj

August 19, 2013 at 12:28 pm

When looking at schedulers be sure to check the level of integration with your invoicing system. If your first appointment of the day doesn’t show or is an hour late does your scheduling system help you or make more work for you?

Can it show you which techs are tied up and which are free? Can it give you early warning of tight spots? For example will it recognize that a tech running over on a job at 10:30 in the morning puts a job promised at 5pm in jeopardy of missing its promised delivery time? Will it tell you this at 11 when you can do something about it or not until you start on that job that is promised at 5? If one tech needs to work after another can you see when the first guy is done? For example can the alignment guy tell which other tech is finished or is going to be finished next with a vehicle that then needs alignment?

Any job that does not go according to schedule means that any printed schedule is then obsolete. You need something that interacts with your invoicing system and time clock for best results.

• larrybloodworth

August 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Google Calendar has all the bells and whistles you need and it’s free.  It can be accessed from anywhere including your smartphone.  Wouldn’t be without it.

J. Larry Bloodworth