Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Scan Tools and Software – Links, Ratings and Reviews

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Scan Tools and Software – Links, Ratings and Reviews

Tagged: ,

• ashcanharry2

February 23, 2015 at 3:47 pm

IF YOU HAVE A GENERAL REPAIR SHOP & WAS ONLY PURCHASING ONE SCANNER, GO WITH AUTEL, IT’S A WINNER.

• Douglas Deneen

February 23, 2015 at 3:48 pm

We use AutoLogic for BMW and Mercedes. Very pleased with the support

• j prabhu

February 23, 2015 at 11:37 pm

The LAUNCH scanner is good for gulf spec vehicles mostly for Japanese, Korean.
    Autoboss is also equally good, Autolander is OK for particularly European vehicles.

• ven32

February 23, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Where can we get AUTEL

• richie

February 24, 2015 at 9:22 am

We just purchased an AUTEL maxidiag elite from our parts supplier for $350. So far so good on euro cars, etc to reset mnt reminder lites, etc. Says it handles euro, Asian, big 3 American, etc. 8 gig card included and updated. Be careful about buying out of date, card too small for updates, etc.

• Tom

February 26, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Auto Enginuity       9

Master Tech          7
    Ross Tech             8
    SnapOn MT2500   6
    Tech2                    8
    Tech1                    8
  • Anonymous

March 2, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Questionary is not fair – OEM and aftermarket tools are mixed together, which is nonsense. AUTEL is good for martketing, because menu is copied from OEM tools, while it has non communication with many cars in reality.

Autologic is really the best aftermarket tool as it has 100% funtial coverage and programming ability. Ross Tech is the 2nd and Gscan is the best for japanese/Korean cars. 
  • Tom Piippo

March 2, 2015 at 1:27 pm

AutoEnginuity  8 A lot of nice features, steep learning curve,

CarDAQ  10, remember, this is not a scan tool, it has a different function.

Genisys / OTC 3 I used to own one of the first ones, very disappointing.

IDS – Ford  10, not much beats the OE tool

NGS – Ford 7 great for OE functions (body, abs, etc…) but not great for drivability

SnapOn 8 Pretty good 3rd party tool, intuitive, easy to use

Star Mobile – Chrysler  6 quirky when it worked, no longer supported

Tech2 – GM 10 not much beats the OE tool

VCDS / Ross-Tech – VW – Audi 10 I give it a 10 for what I use it for. I haven’t found a hole in the coverage yet.

VCM – Ford Vehicle Communication Module used with WDS/ IDS

WiTech – Chrysler 10 Not much beats the OE tool

DRB3  10 Not much beats the OE tool

I’ve collected quite a few scan tools over the years and have been fed-up with 3rd party tools and all the promises of 100% OE coverage. I started buying OE tools when I couldn’t fix the power door locks on a 2003 Caravan 🙁

• Alan Ollie

March 14, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Autologic unbelievable could not work on BMW ,Mini or MB without. Phone support is off the charts. (10)

SUPER EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH EVERY DOLLAR. 

VCDS / Ross-Tech – VW – Audi VW and Audi  (10) WE BUY YEARLY PHONE SUPPORT WORTH EVERY PENNY TOO. CHEAP .OR YOU CAN PAY 35 PER CAR AND GET LOTS OF HELP.