Home » Forums » Everything Else » RV Winterization Service

Home Forums Everything Else RV Winterization Service

• RV Winterization Service

Posted by Joseph Van syoc on October 13, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Any of you doing annual RV winterization?  If so what do you include and what do you charge?  On my personal RV we are talking a couple gallons of the pink stuff, 3 or 4 fresh cab rodent repellants, and maybe a fresh anode rod for the water heater.  Also charge up and test the house battery.  Of course my old camper has a water heater bypass valve installed, and I blow out the lines with compressed air before running the anti freeze into the lines.  I ask because someone said they would pay me to do theirs, and I’m thinking $100 would be fair, depending on the anode rod, and how much pink stuff is needed

Joseph Van syoc replied 5 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Tom

October 14, 2018 at 10:29 am

We winterize the plumbing system for $79 including the pink stuff. We do not offer the other things you mention. Might be a good idea.

RV mechanical service is an area many shops overlook. We are gradually doing more of it when we can figure out how to do it efficiently and profitably.

Demand outweighs supply in many areas, so price competitiveness is not as critical.

• Joseph Van syoc

October 14, 2018 at 11:23 am

I only bring up the anode rod because on the majority of RV’s you must remove it anyway in order to drain the water heater.  Since most water heaters would require 6-10 gallons of RV antifreeze, it makes sense to drain it and install a bypass valve if not already equipped, reducing the antifreeze requirement down to 2 or 3 gallons total.  And mice love campers…

• Joseph Van syoc

October 16, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Seems to me there ought to be a lot of potential here, add fuel stabilizer and generator maintenance to the list