Home » Forums » Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events » Rethinking Your ASE Certification – VIDEO 40 Minutes

Home Forums Training – Webinars, Podcasts, Videos, Events Rethinking Your ASE Certification – VIDEO 40 Minutes

• Rethinking Your ASE Certification – VIDEO 40 Minutes

Posted by Carm Capriotto on March 19, 2021 at 2:18 pm

https://youtu.be/TbNVLFs6TKM

Audio Link

Did you know you need a license to cut hair but you don’t need a license or certifications to change brakes on a vehicle? And why do industry owners and technicians not value ASE certifications?  That is the question of the day.
    Joining me on this lively discussion on ASE is Trish Serratore, Sr. VP Communication, ASE, Mark Murphy, Lead Technician, Dynamic Automotive and technician and mentor Bryan Stafford from Parkway Automotive in Little Rock, AR
    A great way to attract and keep customers is by letting them know YOU have certified technicians working on their vehicles. It is also a strong part of your value proposition. Now think about this …… If you value your ‘career’ in our industry wouldn’t ASE Certification be at the top of your list?
    Don’t let the fear of failure keep you from taking the tests, there are practice tests and plenty of support located on the ase.com website to guide you along the way including the new recertification app. LISTEN HERE

John Burkhauser replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • John Burkhauser

March 23, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Carm,  I enjoyed this episode! I agree completely that the ASE test is more relevant than ever. I have seen some “book smart” individuals during my years in service that have perfect scores on tests but do not even know where to start when a vehicle is right in front of them—let alone how to properly use a wrench. I think certification is a good way to get and stay sharp on this.

Keep up the good work!

-JB from Bolt On