Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Promote Your Shop With A Local TV Investigative Reporter

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Promote Your Shop With A Local TV Investigative Reporter

• Promote Your Shop With A Local TV Investigative Reporter

Posted by J. Larry Bloodworth on May 8, 2022 at 1:59 pm
    Happy Mother’s Day!
    There are lessons to be learned from my following post.
    Back in 2010, I contacted an investigative reporter for a local TV station. Most markets have at least 1 TV station with such an investigative reporter. I asked him if he would help me do a promo video for our shop. He agreed but said “a small fee” would be involved. The deal was for $800 and that I would only use the video on our website and no place else. I agreed.
    A week later he shows up with a camera crew and the video was shot. They did all the video editing. The video gave our shop instant credibility because it was done by a trusted local investigative reporter known for being a consumer advocate. We experienced a significant increase in business due to the video being on our website. That, coupled with having the top spot in Google search results was an awesome 1-2 punch.
    I’m not posting this to brag or say “Look at me.” I’m posting this so others may honestly learn or possibly do something similar at their shop.
    3:03

J. Larry Bloodworth replied 1 year, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.