Home » Forums » Everything Else » Posting Idea – What do you think?

Home Forums Everything Else Posting Idea – What do you think?

• Posting Idea – What do you think?

Posted by John Burkhauser on October 19, 2018 at 6:55 am

This forum is a great place to get information because there is input from all parts of the service spectrum.  I look often to see what is the latest discussion or idea I might be interested in.  But….

When I click on a subject that I find interesting and I see a video that I would have to watch, I move on.

Why?  Because I do not want to be locked down for a few minutes maybe to find that I really am not interested in the subject matter.

My suggestion is if you put a video up, also post a complete text version of that video along side of it.  This way I can read and see if this is the topic I am interested in by scanning it.  If I find it to be something I want, I can read the whole article or watch the video.

What say the collective?

John Burkhauser replied 5 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Site Administrator

Administrator
    October 21, 2018 at 9:54 am

John, thanks for the ideas.

What we can do is note in the post titles “VIDEO – XX Minutes” so you at least know that it is a video and how long it will be.

Due to lengths of videos ranging from less than a minute to more than an hour and because these come from a variety of sources (we do not create them ourselves) it makes posting complete transcripts far more than simple. In many cases they likely don’t even exist.

So, we hope the title change helps a bit!

• John Burkhauser

October 22, 2018 at 6:56 am

I noticed it immediately.  I think this is a great start.  I think that many will appreciate it.