Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Movie theater advertising.

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Movie theater advertising.

• russmccloud

January 28, 2014 at 11:46 am

I have been approached to do so a number of times. I have paid attention to the ads when I go and the people in the theater. Most are looking at or typing on their cell phones or talking to their friends/family until the previews begin. A group of shops went in together and bought a few months worth and offered a special discount for mentioning the ad. To my knowledge there was not one single response. Not to mention, it was EXPENSIVE!

I recommend you run away and spend advertising dollars where they will work. Good luck!

🙂

• zed

January 28, 2014 at 1:52 pm

NO! Don’t Do It. That wheel was invented long ago and it is square – not round. You won’t get anywhere with it.

Movie theater advertising is one of those forms of “so called” promotion that makes money for the theater – not the auto repair shop. In my 30 years of auto service marketing, I have had many clients ask me about movie theater and major league scoreboard advertising. The problem? The frame of mind of the customer is wrong. They are out for a good time, talking with friends before the movie or on their cell phones. The last thing on their mind is auto repair – unless their car broke down on the way to the theater.

Most business owners do movie theater advertising for their own ego. They like seeing their picture on the big screen.

The only thing that would be successful in a movie theater, ball park, or grocery store cart is something they are selling at that location.

Save your money.

Zed Daniels – President – Motor Service Marketing
  • cordero005

January 29, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I’m sure you guys save me some money.