Home » Forums » Everything Else » Michigan shop:Question about dealing with insurance and Warranty companies

Home Forums Everything Else Michigan shop:Question about dealing with insurance and Warranty companies

• Michigan shop:Question about dealing with insurance and Warranty companies

Posted by dennis48089 on April 28, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Hello,
    I am a new shop owner and I am tring to get my foot in the door with some of the national Insurance companies such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm…ect. Also want to work with my local car lot’s warranty companies. Any advice on how to do this or what it is like dealing with these “Insurance” companies.
    Thank you.

blake replied 9 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Tom

April 28, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Mechanical work or collision work?

• dennis48089

April 30, 2014 at 11:00 am

Mechanical..

• dennis48089

May 27, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Any idea?

• blake

August 12, 2014 at 9:51 am

Dennis, I haven’t been to the forum in some time but I couldn’t help notice you’re a new shop owner looking for what seems like revenue streams from auto insurance co’s and rock lots. Most auto insurance claims are collision claims and many body shops have gone to performing mech. repairs to maintain their own pockets. Most rock lots are bottom feeders looking for patchwork. Neither are sources that will build your business. As a rule, “wholesale work” doesn’t pay what you need in that you’re doing the same work for less money.

Your retail customer is what needs to be cultivated, on the web, on your property signs/banners/etc. and of course face to face with current customers and anywhere else you get the opportunity. When I first opened NT in 01, I carried a stack of business cards and handed one to every person I came into contact with. Cashiers at Lowes, the McDonalds drive up window, etc. with the no pressure “Do you have a car? Here, you might need me someday!” A web presence, correctly constructed w/regard to SEO and SEM, and reviews. Lots and lots of reviews. With customer photo’s. Don’t be afraid to ask if you can share their compliment with potential customers. I’ve never been refused. You might consider a mgmt. class with an emphasis on marketing.