• February 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm #64276
    DAVID MCGINNIS
    Participant

I am a Sole Propreitor LLC of 4shops (I’m Crazy I Know) and I turn in all invoices weekly to my accountant who is about to retire. He does my payroll and all tax matters. I have Quickbooks online and have considered using their payroll services to do what he does. Would like to hear some ideas on how to better handle this and be more efficient. Thanks

March 4, 2013 at 6:37 pm #73054
    mmooradian

David… Is payroll and taxes the only functions he performs? You

may want to check out quotes from ADP and Paychex. Quotes cost you

nothing and you will at least walk away informed.

March 5, 2013 at 8:00 pm #73055
    Monica Anaya
    Participant

I did not like paychex. ADP is much more efficient and at a better price point. Especially if you have certain affiliations. I think the best discount I received was because we are ASA members. I have not tried QB payroll although we do use that software. I was told its easy but some think i prefer to hire out for and payroll is one of those things thats ‘touchy’ in my opinion. Good luck. Hope that information helps.

March 7, 2013 at 2:22 pm #73056
    larmstrong

QUICKBOOKS PAYROLL IS EASY TO SET UP AND USE. THE COST IS ABOUT $450 PER YEAR. YOU CAN DO ALL YOUR PAYROLL REPORTS IN MINUTES AND TRACK VACATION, SICK DAYS AND HOLIDAYS.

david lee mcginnis wrote:

> I am a Sole Propreitor LLC of 4shops (I’m Crazy I Know) and I turn in all invoices weekly to my accountant who is about to retire. He does my payroll and all tax matters. I have Quickbooks online and have considered using their payroll services to do what he does. Would like to hear some ideas on how to better handle this and be more efficient. Thanks

March 10, 2013 at 5:15 pm #73060
    ryanrac

Hi Dave We use pay chex for payroll they are very expensive.I also have quick books online.We just went to have our taxes done & they do payroll also. They are very reasonalbe at 35 a week for everything.They offer health inssurance and take care of everyting.We found them by asking other shops in our area what they do for this stuff.We have enough to do without the hassle of payroll.

Mike Ryan

March 28, 2013 at 7:47 pm #73069
    Greg

I’ve used QuickBooks Payroll for over 10 years and find it extremely easy to use. You just have to enter hours and a few clicks later you can generate checks and payroll reports. I don’t know what could be easier!

April 4, 2013 at 3:04 pm #73073
    GSTIRE

We tried ADP and they withheld our State taxes but did not pay them.  They said that they did not have the ability to pay them.  It made us have to pay late fees and penalties.  We went back to our accountant to do them. 

April 15, 2013 at 6:59 am #73079
    Tim Smith
    Participant

We use Time and Pay Payroll service and they do a great job for us. 423-854-9042
    Reasonable and very helpful. If they screw up they pay the fees and penalties!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.