Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » How Paperless is your shop?

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software How Paperless is your shop?

• Larry Moore

October 3, 2015 at 4:57 pm

10%
    eliminated paper survey cards to customers

• pirouette

October 4, 2015 at 7:36 am
    no paper reduction because we continue to use paper reports to log and document updates in authorized work when advising technicians.
  • Greg Minnick

October 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Just getting some traction on paperless, somewhere between 25 and 50%. Techs have been working off of laptops and tablets for about 2 years. I have a ScanSnap ix500 and we are starting to scan receipts and invoices, saving to a Synology NAS which is backed up to Elephant Drive. We have signature pads for customers to sign and can email receipts through FastTrak. Still have systems to develop and improve.

• Tom

October 5, 2015 at 6:29 am

90%

A few customers still want printed receipts, advisors will print “menus” to review recommendations with customers, we will occassionally print a diagram or parts picture, a few office documents get printed – but the printer will often sleep for hours and we can go weeks without refilling the printer paper. Accomplished by using tablets, email, signature pads, scanners, and approaching things with the intent of using no paper. All file cabinets empty, save one 2 drawer.
  • trackspecautosports

November 11, 2015 at 3:44 pm

25%

Coming from an SF tech company to an auto shop was a little shocking in terms of amount of paper used…I made some changes to reduce our printing by getting online access to our CC machine swipes (they used to print out every day’s transaction summaries). But still seems like a lot of programs, software, and vendors still have a hard time being completely paperless. Would be nice if there was an auto shop software that also integrates with our business bank account and business debit card and can integrate everything from invoicing to shop expenses. If anyone finds one, please let me know!
  • pbrennan

November 11, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Does anyone use DropBox for business? I’m thinking of using it for things like storing sales presos, process documentation, etc, in an effort to stay paperless.

Any suggestions on other Dropbox-like software that has permissions & version control?
  • trackspecautosports

November 11, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Does anyone use DropBox for business? I’m thinking of using it for things like storing sales presos, process documentation, etc, in an effort to stay paperless.

Any suggestions on other Dropbox-like software that has permissions & version control?

I use Box.com because it comes with 10gb free, as opposed to DropBox which comes with 2gb. I use Box for all my biz docs, photos, manuals. Then also use Google Drive (which comes with 30gb free) for collaborative docs and quick notes.