Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » Has anyone used shopmonkey.io?

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software Has anyone used shopmonkey.io?

• Has anyone used shopmonkey.io?

Posted by Walt on December 6, 2018 at 9:04 pm

So, I’m finally venturing out and starting (taking over) my own shop. I’ve spent about 2 months now researching/test driving various different SMS’s. I absolutely can’t stand how antiquated and bulky Mitchell is, even with all the social CRM stuff added on, and their repair manual/diagrams are completely worthless to a dedicated euro guy.  (I’ve been using Mitchell with most add-ons for the last 6 years). I was liking a few different ones, Shop Boss probably coming out on top, until I stumbled on Shopmonkey. It’s only 2 years old, which scares me the most right now. From a social interacting aspect, nothing else I’ve seen really compares. No repair information is included, but I’m not a big fan of most commercially available solutions there anyway. I was a huge fan of the integrated parts supplier options on Mitchell, which this doesn’t have, but they use PartsTech, which I guess is pretty similar to E-cat. I’ve got no experience with either, but from what I’ve read, I think I could get used to it. They offer an incorporated payment option with Stripe, which I’m not sure I love either – but the ability for the customer to pay right in a text message and/or email is nice. They have plans for most of the concerns I’ve expressed, some sooner than others, including different payment processors and repair information (likely from Motor).

Has anyone else ever used/looked into this particular software? I can’t imagine I’m going to ever want to change once I get setup, so this isn’t a decision I’m making lightly. I’d love to hear some real world, non-biased experience if there is any out there.

Chris replied 2 years, 4 months ago 11 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Site Administrator

Administrator
    December 7, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Walt, keep in mind that more than 35 software companies completed our in depth surveys, including more than 10 that are cloud based. Detailed survey results:

Click here to view.

For comparison chart click here.

#shopmanagementsoftwaresurvey

• guillaume de Chalambert

January 21, 2019 at 9:28 am

Good morning,

I would also be interested to know more about the shopmonkey software.

its interface is very appealing  and the software seems to pack many features.

Any thoughts on that product.

• Walt

January 22, 2019 at 8:04 pm

I test drove it for about 2 weeks, and it’s super promising. I loved alot of things about it. Truth be told, I don’t even remember what I didn’t like at this point, but I did end up using ShopBoss instead. Printed stuff is far less appealing with SB, but it works better for my needs at this time.

• Akash Rashtogi

August 30, 2019 at 5:26 am

This software makes running a shop so much easier and simpler. It helps the whole team stay on track and leaves little to no room for error or miscommunication!

• Rick Wurm

December 26, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Anyone else have input to this?

Unfortunately they are not in the 35+ SMS comparison.

All of the reviews are outstanding and anything it was missing in older reviews appears to have been added to the software. I have a demo on 1-6-2020. I’m opening my doors on February 3, 2020.

• Site Administrator

Administrator
    December 27, 2019 at 8:41 am

Anyone else have input to this?

Unfortunately they are not in the 35+ SMS comparison.

All of the reviews are outstanding and anything it was missing in older reviews appears to have been added to the software. I have a demo on 1-6-2020. I’m opening my doors on February 3, 2020.

Rick, the survey was sent to Shop Monkey. They responded that were not going to participate.

• Chris

January 15, 2020 at 6:10 pm

I’m late to the party on this one but Tekmetric is hands down the best point of sale system that I have seen in years. I have several clients running it and I love to coach from their system. If you are interested in a demo or would like more information  you can set up an appointment here: https://meetings.hubspot.com/pjleslie and tell him Chris Cotton sent you.

• Alex Ruark

April 7, 2020 at 12:49 pm

I switched to it Jan 1 2019 from Napa TRACS and I gotta say, I love it sooooo much.  It’s modern, it makes me look good and the customers love it! I can text, send pics, email, send invoices, collect payments via text and email…. the list goes on.  A lot of automotive software is stuck in time, that time being 1998, and as a dude in his 30’s that’s just unacceptable.  The icing on the cake is that the people are great.  Their customer service is top notch.  Even before I signed up they worked with me to show me features and explain things, and now they are always quick to fix issues and respond to my questions.  Two thumbs up from me!

-Alex

• Brandon Gauer

April 7, 2020 at 3:10 pm

We switched from Napa Tracs after 10+ years in January 2019 to Shop Monkey for our 2 locations. We couldn’t be happier! No paper anymore, all the techs carry Ipads. I looked at every piece of software out there that I could find. This also let me get an idea of how good the support and service is. To be honest, Shop Monkey was one of the last pieces of software that I demoed. I was so burned out with looking at software, I almost cancelled the demo. I am glad I didn’t. The software is incredible, and the team behind the scenes is even better. They are moving forward at a fast pace. The software isn’t cluttered up like all the other junk out there. It’s so clean and easy to use. Tekmetric is a great piece of software don’t get me wrong, but the support I got was not that good and there were things that Shop Monkey did that Tekmetric didn’t do. We are very happy we made the change. Napa Tracs is dated like most of the other software on the market. Shop Monkey is changing the game and we are thrilled to be a part of it.

• Kevin S

April 8, 2020 at 4:29 pm

I don’t know how i feel about shop monkey. I did the demo this week and seemed like they’re still new to this whole thing. We have multiple locations and needed something can be controlled via a Master/enterprise account so not really sure if they have the solution for us. It definitely has modern features but it being a new company scares me. Their price is up there as well $499.99 per month. Over all i have mixed feelings

• Freddie Chaar

December 8, 2020 at 10:05 am

We are in process of searching a new software, shop monkey looks like on the top of the list until we stuck that it is not friendly at all when it comes to Oil Change. We have been discussing this with the great team since several months so far, but it seems like it is long time until they would do a major change for that.

we are basically looking for a new modern cloud base software for multiple shops that can provide a complete solution including mechanic, oil change and tires with a full management control features.

• Unknown Member

November 17, 2021 at 12:30 pm

I use and like it!

• Chris

November 17, 2021 at 12:37 pm

AutoLeap is another good one. They are working on some really good updates and enhancements. If you are interested I can put you in touch.