• December 6, 2018 at 9:04 pm#65753
    Walt

So, I’m finally venturing out and starting (taking over) my own shop. I’ve spent about 2 months now researching/test driving various different SMS’s. I absolutely can’t stand how antiquated and bulky Mitchell is, even with all the social CRM stuff added on, and their repair manual/diagrams are completely worthless to a dedicated euro guy.  (I’ve been using Mitchell with most add-ons for the last 6 years). I was liking a few different ones, Shop Boss probably coming out on top, until I stumbled on Shopmonkey. It’s only 2 years old, which scares me the most right now. From a social interacting aspect, nothing else I’ve seen really compares. No repair information is included, but I’m not a big fan of most commercially available solutions there anyway. I was a huge fan of the integrated parts supplier options on Mitchell, which this doesn’t have, but they use PartsTech, which I guess is pretty similar to E-cat. I’ve got no experience with either, but from what I’ve read, I think I could get used to it. They offer an incorporated payment option with Stripe, which I’m not sure I love either – but the ability for the customer to pay right in a text message and/or email is nice. They have plans for most of the concerns I’ve expressed, some sooner than others, including different payment processors and repair information (likely from Motor).

Has anyone else ever used/looked into this particular software? I can’t imagine I’m going to ever want to change once I get setup, so this isn’t a decision I’m making lightly. I’d love to hear some real world, non-biased experience if there is any out there.

December 7, 2018 at 4:26 pm#75317

Walt, keep in mind that more than 35 software companies completed our in depth surveys, including more than 10 that are cloud based. Detailed survey results:

Click here to view.

For comparison chart click here.

#shopmanagementsoftwaresurvey

AutomotiveManagementNetwork.com
    tom@automotivemanagementnetwork.com
    616-340-2380

January 21, 2019 at 9:28 am#75371

Good morning,

I would also be interested to know more about the shopmonkey software.

its interface is very appealing  and the software seems to pack many features.

Any thoughts on that product.

January 22, 2019 at 8:04 pm#75377
    Walt

I test drove it for about 2 weeks, and it’s super promising. I loved alot of things about it. Truth be told, I don’t even remember what I didn’t like at this point, but I did end up using ShopBoss instead. Printed stuff is far less appealing with SB, but it works better for my needs at this time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.