Home » Forums » Parts and Tire related topics » Flat Rate credit hours for Tires?

Home Forums Parts and Tire related topics Flat Rate credit hours for Tires?

• Andrew Tobias

June 30, 2015 at 11:59 am

.2 for 1 tire. .5 for 4 mount and balance.  Charge flat rate to client.  It’s a loser.  

• twtaylor

June 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm

We charge one hour for a set of normal, non run flats. I’d love to have two bays doing tires all day every day. It’s not a loser, it’s a money maker.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    June 30, 2015 at 1:02 pm

I consider on and off car an operation, change tire on rim an operation and balance an operation.  A tenth per operation.  On and off car includes noting brake material left.  On and Off rim might need to include some grinding.  Balancing is to .1 oz., not .25 oz.  ALL lug nuts lubed and torqued.  You get what you pay for – and you CAN get paid for what you do.  Just need a good clientele, a little work to sell it, and DELIVER!

• Chris Corlee

June 30, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Tech flags 1.2. Charge customer flat rate. Extra .3 if we move old tire to spare. Another .5 to reprogram the TPMS if needed. With decent margin on tires and selling road hazard policy (almost pure profit) I’d do tires all day as well. Lots of brake and front end work up-sold.

• Joseph Van syoc

June 30, 2015 at 6:30 pm

.2 per tire for pretty much everything, mt & bal, or repair, although some low profile and light truck will be .3 per tire.  ( those big ol mud tires just gotta be worth more)

• Joseph Van syoc

June 30, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Agree tires are a money maker.  Average $100-150 per set with installation and disposal.  I would do nothing but tires all day everyday if I could generate the sales to do so