Home » Forums » Employees » Employee Handbook

Home Forums Employees Employee Handbook

• Randy Lucyk

December 17, 2017 at 9:10 am

Sesco Management does some fine work for the automotive industry in regards to all things HR.  https://sescomgt.com/services/resources

Poking around on their website will not be a waste of time. They work with several franchise and automotive service associations. Their “Sesco Report” is well done and can be subscribed to on their home page. I receive three of these kind of reports and theirs is the best.

If you use a payroll service, they frequently have handbook assistance. You can find lots of examples with a “automotive service employee handbook” google search.

• Site Administrator

Administrator
    December 19, 2017 at 10:32 am

Jeff from the Old Volks Home sent this to us to be shared – see attached.

Thanks, Jeff!

• catonauto

December 26, 2017 at 9:19 am

We have a very gray handbook intentionally- make sure you give yourself enough wiggle room to make some exceptions to policies.

We also use SESCO quite a bit but, I had 5 different sources verify my handbook for HR as well as business sense.

Make sure when issued it is signed that each employee received.

• acauto

December 26, 2017 at 9:16 pm

I have one ready to go. You can edit it anyway you want. So if you are interested call me 336-413-2650.   AC Guarino owner ACAuto

• Randee Heer

April 22, 2018 at 11:50 am

AC

can you email me a copy?

• J. Larry Bloodworth

April 26, 2018 at 4:03 am

I wrote our first employee manual 30 years ago and it was something like 20-25 pages.  Nobody read it.

Years later, I trimmed it down by about 10 or so pages.  Few read it.

Frustrated, I trimmed it even further and about half of the employees read it.

I read a book by Marcus Buckingham and it motivated me to get the employee manual down to 1 page.  Everybody read it.

You simply answer 4 questions.  You can fill it out for yourself.  Each business has their own answers.

1. Who do we serve?
    2. What’s our core strength?
    3. What’s our core score?
    4. What action can we take today?

That’s it.  a 1-page manual.  It worked for me then, and it works for me now.