Home » Forums » Auto and Truck Shop Management Software » Electronic Vehicle Inspection Software – Links, Ratings and Reviews

Home Forums Auto and Truck Shop Management Software Electronic Vehicle Inspection Software – Links, Ratings and Reviews

• Alan Ollie

December 28, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Just starting next week with Bolt On Technology someone give me some feed back.They say they have 1100 shops using it, I like the text messagingfor upcoming appointments and lube sticker printer function that makes the next appointment. 

• rjcutl

December 29, 2014 at 11:03 am

We tried one, and I’m grasping for the name.  It totally flopped in the shop and caused our inspection time to go from 15-20 minutes to 40-45 minutes.  I’m still looking or one that works for us.

• edschaeffer

December 29, 2014 at 12:24 pm

We’ve been using AutoVitals for about 6 months now with our YES Shop Management System..  We have done 750+ inspections and a courtesy inspection takes my guys 10 – 15 minutes. (Do not confuse a courtesy inspection (free) with a full comprehensive vehicle inspection (paid)).  AutoVitals allows you to create unlimited types of inspections and completely customize them.  Their ShopFlow integration allows you to see and manage the work going thru the shop at a glance and has been very helpful for both the techs and the advisors. There is a chat feature between the techs and advisors and messages are time stamped and logged. I would give it a 9+…..it’s still evolving but the owner is very proactive when it comes to listening to their clients. 

I’m not an Apple guy, but I would strongly recommend  iPAD Mini with a Trident Kracken AMS case and hand strap for use in the shop…..very usable and durable! 

Ed Schaeffer

Northtown Auto Clinic

• martinsautosvc

December 29, 2014 at 12:33 pm

We are using Bolt On Technology’s mobile manager pro for paperless inspections.  It has been a very positive experience.  The Mobile Manager app creates a bit.ly link (short web link that redirects to a web server that hosts the completed inspection) Its very smartphone friendly.  We text the inspection link to our client and then review the additional concerns identified.  Many times this does result in additional work being approved.  Regardless we have carried our our professional obligation to our client.

So you can see what one of our customized inspections look like, here is a link to a real completed inspection:

I am sure there are other good products out there.  However for direct integration with your shop management database, take a look at Bolt-On Products.  We’ve been happy with the systems they offer, and the customer support is second to none.

Gerald Martin
    Martins Auto Service
    Anna, IL  62906
  • aaronk

December 29, 2014 at 2:31 pm

We use Repair Shop Solutions and so far we have had a good experience with them. I would rate them at 8. I would rate higher if it integrated better with our shop management software. It would be nice to access it and view history right through Mitchell. Definitley worth checking out.

• jaschmidt

January 13, 2016 at 11:48 am

Auto Vitals – 7

Bolt On Technology – 9

We reviewed and trialed the AutoVitals system and then
    looked at the BoltOn platform with our Mitchell Sales Rep. We found the
    AutoVitals system to be extensive but it operates too independently of our
    Mitchell Team Works management software. Our staff from techs, service advisor
    and owner, all thought the AV program too be too in depth and too time
    consuming to learn and implement.  It
    looked to be cheaper monthly, but our Mitchel rep reviewed our Team Works
    software package pricing and was able to find us a lot of savings month to
    month that made the BoltOn package actually a better investment at a better
    price.

The BoltOn system uses 10″ Android type tablets and
    offers wireless connection to our network. Via the network it connects to an
    office computer connected to our LOF label machine, allowing techs to print
    directly from the shop PC or the handheld devices with data gathered from the
    inspection for LOF’s.

We are still learning and customizing our company inspection
    reports and defining technician policies for using the tools effectively and
    efficiently. We also love the customer access Mitchell offers our customers
    thru AutoOwners, and now we have the added ability to communicate directly with
    our customers via email and smart devices directly from the tablets and service
    advisor. We anticipate a greater 2016 with a new reenergized program to support
    our customers. Better service translates into greater trust in our technicians
    and the services we provide.

• Richard Ehler

March 22, 2017 at 9:57 am

I am told Bolt On integrates very well. Bolt on guys used to work at Mitchell. I am thinking of changing to Mitchell for this reason. Your opinion???

• William Hill

March 23, 2017 at 3:14 pm

The BoltOn system uses 10″ Android type tablets and
    offers wireless connection to our network. Via the network it connects to an
    office computer connected to our LOF label machine, allowing techs to print
    directly from the shop PC or the handheld devices with data gathered from the
    inspection for LOF’s. Also when you look at the tablet, it’s a mirror on Mitchell.
    You can access repair info, torque Specs, TSB’s. They constantly update and improve the system. The fact that thru there system, I can send recommendation Via text in the future is the deal breaker for me..

• Alise Wilson

August 29, 2018 at 4:31 am

I’m familiar with only two companies you’ve listed above:

VehicleMRI  – we worked with them 3 years ago, but then they raised their prices and we could no longer continue our collaboration

Inspect2GO – my son in law’s company is currently using them. He says its okay, not sure about the rating

AuctionStreaming VIR is the one that our dealership has been using for a year by now. we run online auctions from time to time, so we need to be able to perform a  quick though comprehensive inspection using a mobile device. They have it for both Android and iOS platforms so no complaints about compliance with different devices

see below how it looks

• John Burkhauser

August 29, 2018 at 6:57 am

No matter which program you choose, the most important step is to choose wisely.  Do your home work.  See it work in demo and in shop. Look at the commitments you need to make to decide which one to choose.  Know that there will always be some adjustments and learning.  Realize that you need to make a commitment to the choice you make and really, really see if you are using it well and correctly.  (Consider how well you use your current management system before making the choice.)

Bottom line is that you need to go digital.  Each day you wait is money and customer satisfaction lost.  Get searching.

• NION MARVIN

September 14, 2020 at 12:08 pm

You can choose this software – VIR that gives a new breath to the old car inspection process providing a real-time data stream, storage, reports and data distribution capabilities. Modern dealerships gradually switch to automatic and highly developed technologies which provide instant, exact and user friendly results for further application and implementation.