• November 23, 2016 at 10:40 pm#65008
    smacd59

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to this forum as well as being a new shop owner, found the information around here very helpful, thank you to all the contributors!
    I’m interested to get an idea of the parts discounts aftermarket shop owners receive from dealerships and are they required to give any discount to aftermarket shop owners?
    November 24, 2016 at 11:51 am#74613
    Tom Ham
    Participant

Depends on the dealer and type of parts. Range for us runs 10% to 40%. Most common is 20-25%. There’s no requirement – at least in the states.

November 24, 2016 at 11:55 am#74614

Volume matters. If you buy less $1000 per month, I wouldn’t expect more than 10%. I’ve had great sucess sitting down with the parts manager and negotiate a better discount for a bigger commitment from me. It usually pays off with better quality parts, less come backs and happier customers. Also, don’t feel tied to the retail price the dealer suggests. You need to know your operating costs and build your own parts profit matrix accordingly.

Jeff
    June 26, 2018 at 6:12 pm#75141

We usually get about 20% off list which is simply not enough, so we mark them up the same as after market.  It sucks competing against OE list. which is why most OE’s are my LAST call.  Maybe someday they will figure that out

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.