Home » Forums » Parts and Tire related topics » Dealership parts discount

Home Forums Parts and Tire related topics Dealership parts discount

• Dealership parts discount

Posted by smacd59 on November 23, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to this forum as well as being a new shop owner, found the information around here very helpful, thank you to all the contributors!
    I’m interested to get an idea of the parts discounts aftermarket shop owners receive from dealerships and are they required to give any discount to aftermarket shop owners?
    NION MARVIN replied 3 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Tom

November 24, 2016 at 11:51 am

Depends on the dealer and type of parts. Range for us runs 10% to 40%. Most common is 20-25%. There’s no requirement – at least in the states.

• Jeff Hogue

November 24, 2016 at 11:55 am

Volume matters. If you buy less $1000 per month, I wouldn’t expect more than 10%. I’ve had great sucess sitting down with the parts manager and negotiate a better discount for a bigger commitment from me. It usually pays off with better quality parts, less come backs and happier customers. Also, don’t feel tied to the retail price the dealer suggests. You need to know your operating costs and build your own parts profit matrix accordingly.

Jeff
  • Joseph Van syoc

June 26, 2018 at 6:12 pm

We usually get about 20% off list which is simply not enough, so we mark them up the same as after market.  It sucks competing against OE list. which is why most OE’s are my LAST call.  Maybe someday they will figure that out

• NION MARVIN

October 15, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Everyone is different. Looking at the state of the business and the number of customers. It’s all about money. If you buy for the required amount, then you are given a 10% discount, and then either you increase costs and get a bigger discount or not, it remains at 10%. Or if you use the service, for example, as I found “wallworktrucks” for myself and everything suits me. Because if you have more than one car, then the repair is not cheap.