Home » Forums » Employees » Daily Shop Meeting Content?

Home Forums Employees Daily Shop Meeting Content?

• Daily Shop Meeting Content?

Posted by Tom on February 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm

If you have daily shop meetings at your shop, what is discussed/covered in a typical meeting?

Alan Ollie replied 12 years, 7 months ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • sutton32-aol-com

March 6, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Tom,

We don’t have them right now, but three new guys in shop and really interested to see what people post.

• engineered

August 3, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Every morning we have a team meeting and discuss the work flow and jobs for each tech if preassigned.

Obviously with a cup of coffee in the morning first.

• davidpass

August 11, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I recommend a 15 minute or less meeting in the morning. We discuss shop and technician productivity for the previous day. This gives a collective idea of where the shop and technician stands compared to goals. Also talking about a safety is in each meeting. Some small tidbit to refresh. Also the techs have an opportunity to discuss any problems/ questions they might have about parts, service etc. Also a quote of the day. It works well as long as it is performed consistently…

David

• Jay

August 11, 2011 at 9:13 pm

do you do them before starting time the morn?I Have a couple techs that arent early risers,but are good techs.

• jonwally

August 12, 2011 at 2:32 am

We try to have a daily meeting on the weekdays. Happens after lunch

when everyone is still around. Mostly talk about last days sales

and upcoming deals. If anyone has a question or concern they are

welcome to talk about them then too.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    August 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm

we have a 10- 15 minute meeting in the morning, going over job flow for

the day (including promise times), any problems or issues in the shop,

and i will also share any positive or negative feedback that we have

gotten from the previous days’ customers. We do it before the actual

workday starts, and it helps to get everyone on the same page for the

day.

• davidpass

August 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Yes each day. From 7 to 7:15 am. It really helps . we I recommend this to a facility and we implement the meeting, there are always a few that like to heckle, but I will guarantee that production and efficiency will both go up. If the guys dont have a target to shoot at, then they are wasting ammo. When you zero in and fire a few shots, you evaulate where they hit in relation to the target. Then you can adjust to hit the Bullseye. What is you shop production goals? Tech goals? Team goals? Do you have any? Now sometimes this is a tool that you hate, but in the end it is about production and efficiency…IHTHY

David

Dan Goninen wrote:

> do you do them before starting time the morn?I Have a couple techs that arent early risers,but are good techs.

• Alan Ollie

August 17, 2011 at 12:29 am

7.00-7:15 what time does your shop close .Do your techS work more than 40 hr per week?