Home » Forums » Employees » Change is coming…

Home Forums Employees Change is coming…

• Change is coming…

Posted by eadams-apm on November 9, 2016 at 5:11 pm

On Dec 1, 2016 new overtime rules start for every repair shop – that’s only three weeks away! 

Auto Profit Masters created a free guide to help you understand what is changing, how it will affect your payroll, and ways to prepare for the changes. Available as a video or ebook. ‬Download the guide here.

How are you preparing for the change? Will it affect your payroll?

Bobby Likis replied 7 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Bobby Likis

November 16, 2016 at 5:38 pm

After signing the e-mail requirement to acquire this “Guide” download and then reviewing its contents, I am still am in the dark as to how best to address this situation.  I was a bit disappointed as (I thought) it might provide me with an answer…instead asks me to buy something promoting the position of increasing my sales.  Really? 

As I previously stated in my post re this new law some time back, I have a meeting with my CPS (today as a mater of fact) to address exactly how best to manage this law.  I will be happy to share the facts afterwards.  All free to my colleagues across the nation. 

Bobby Likis

• Bobby Likis

November 16, 2016 at 7:57 pm

UPDATE: I have discussed this opportunity with Jake from Auto Profits Masters (he called me) and better understand the opportunity this company is offering.  While it appears not a perfect fit for my company at this time, I do believe their plan is worth investigating.  What I most appreciate was the response from my comment and how quickly it came from Auto Profit Masters. 

• Bobby Likis

November 17, 2016 at 3:18 pm

I now have a spread sheet with mathematical formulas to figure how to shift commission technicians over to hourly employees which every shop will be FORCED to do December 1st, 2016. 

How many are interested? 

• Tom

November 17, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Love to have it, Bobby!

Tom
  • Bobby Likis

November 17, 2016 at 8:20 pm

I’ll send it as soon as we finished modifying the formula to include hours billed vs. hours clocked.