Home » Forums » Equipment And Tools » Battery Tester

Home Forums Equipment And Tools Battery Tester

• Battery Tester

Posted by df41590 on October 9, 2018 at 4:02 pm

I’m in the market for a new battery tester to replacing our aging Snap-On MT1590. Looking for one where I can adjust the load on a battery test, be able to see how many amps the starter is drawing, and how many amps the alternator is producing. I want to know what other shops are using and how they like them. I’m hoping to get another carbon pile, if able.

David Runkel replied 5 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Troy Tidwell

October 11, 2018 at 2:07 pm

I am interested in the same thing.  Hope you get some responses soon.

• John Burkhauser

October 12, 2018 at 6:46 am

It’s a shame you cannot get a VAT 40 anymore.  But, I bet you there are still some sitting in the back of a shop covered in years of dust and dirt, that still work.  Keep your eyes open.  Last I checked parts of the carbon pile were still available.

• Alan Ollie

October 12, 2018 at 5:33 pm

This snap on tester seems to work great for us. We print every customer’s results.

Advanced Battery, Starting and Charging System Tester999.99 USD
    Item: EECS750A

https://store.snapon.com/Electronic-Battery-System-Testers-Advanced-Battery-Starting-and-Charging-System-Tester-P932476.aspx

• Mark Bergasse

October 17, 2018 at 5:58 pm

We have a now old Snap on D Tec, it has an electronic charger built in and a printer it has an automated avr test and manual meters for single testing of a battery or a starter.

• df41590

October 18, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Waiting to hear back from my Snap-On guy, crossing my fingers the rebuilder will be able to fix our old MT1590. I really don’t like the huge push for electronic testers I don’t have faith in them accurately loading a battery like the carbon piles do. I was looking at getting the EECS750A if they couldn’t fix the MT1590. The D-TAC is way out of my price range with being a one man shop.

• Troy Tidwell

October 18, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Associated 6044 looks good.  Does any of you know anything about this model?

• David Runkel

November 8, 2018 at 12:15 pm

I bought the Midtronics GR-8.  It is wonderful.  Multi-tasking, so you can be smart charging one vehicle while testing others.  A bit pricey, but it is nice seeing it as THE tool to use in all the OE repair/diag procedures