Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Are you doing re-marketing with Google Adwords?

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Are you doing re-marketing with Google Adwords?

• Are you doing re-marketing with Google Adwords?

Posted by adamkushner on October 28, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Re-marketing is a way of identifying a visitor to your website, then targeting them with ads on the Google Ad network.  In Google Adwords you can create Audiences.  Adding code to pages on your website, then building new ad campaigns in Google Adwords.  These ads target visitors who may not have been in the buying cycle(or due for service yet).

Imagine this:
    Betsy is moving to town and want to make sure there is a BMW Shop in the area so she does not have to go to the dealer.  She googles BMW Repair SomeTown.  She finds your shop and checks you out on your website.  She clicks the BMW Page.  Looks at a Map and some customer reviews.  Normally your interaction with Betsy ends here.  She moves to town and 2 Months later needs an oil change.  She may or may not remember you.
     With Re-marketing Betsy is entered into your BMW Re-marketing Audience.  You Run a BMW Specific ad campaign that only targets people like Betsy (viewed the BMW Repair Page on your website.)  For two Months Betsy see ads on Google Search Partners Websites(Places like AOL, Google Maps, and many many other sites).  These ads help build your credibility and deliver selling points of your shop.
    I feel Google Adwords Re-Marketing is a no-brainer.  You spend less than traditional Google Adwords marketing and you target people that had genuine interest in your shop. 
    Do you know about Re-marketing on Google Adwords?  It’s kind of like the CRM of the web.  I’m running these for my current BusinessActualization clients in addition to there standard adwords campaigns, but they can be run as stand alone accounts as well.
    Alan Ollie replied 10 years ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Alan Ollie

December 3, 2013 at 11:28 pm

We just started will let you know in a few months.Ollie

• rreynolds

February 25, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Is it normal to pay google for listings, i get phone calls all the time about paying to be on top of the list. It might be normal but, not sure so asking anyway.

RickReynolds
    Rick’s Automotive

• Tom

April 4, 2014 at 8:55 am

1: RR…99.9% of those calls out of the blue are probably a waste of your time. It takes a serious expert to place your business at the top. Also…at the top needs to be at the top or very close to it. Position #1 or #2 or maybe #3. After that, even if it is on page one, it has little value.

2: As far as the remarketing goes…who else is doing that and what can you tell me/us about it? Cost? Results? Who is doing it for you? Any other comments?

Thanks!

• adamkushner

April 9, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Tom,

1. 100% Correct.  Last week I even had a call from a Google impersonator socially hacking for adwords account info.
    2. I am, My clients are, your competition is probably not aware of it.  I recommend it.  
    I have a couple of good articles about adwords remarketing on my blog.  This one is a great intro: http://businessactualization.com/blog/bid/191954/Adwords-Re-marketing-And-Traditional-Marketing-It-s-About-Alignment
  • Alan Ollie

April 10, 2014 at 8:34 am

The volume is not as high as i would like after 1 month. Making small changes will update you then.