Home Forums Shop Design & Efficiency air line

• Posted by 1oktire on January 6, 2011 at 1:58 am

What do you all run for air line? i have 1.5″ steel now but i just added on a couple bays and it’s going to have a different compressor in it just wondering.

gebbie replied 13 years, 2 months ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • danrsauto

January 6, 2011 at 11:23 pm

We used thru Air Technologies an aluminum line system never rust can use smaller line to achieve greater cfm . also easy to install and add taps when needed . More expensive but we used it for 10 years less moisture issues and no dirt . It is the same that hospitals use.

Thier is another company that handles lines like this. The line itself comes in ten or twenty feet weighs a few pounds

• garmando

January 7, 2011 at 3:37 am

Last time I needed more lines someone told me to use copper pipe. Great idea, was real easy

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    January 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm

We used PVC pipe for our lines. It will hold up to 600psi and is easy to install. Make sure your guys will go easy on it and it will last a long time. We just made sure to put shutoff valves in so that if there ever is an issue we dont need to shut down the whole system to do a repair. After 2 1/2 years we have not had one failure or breakage.

• Rebecca Hillig

January 11, 2011 at 8:05 pm

We just were inspected by the state for our pressure vessel (i.e. air compressor) We were just told that we cannot have PVC pipe, that it had to be copper or steel.

• Frank

January 11, 2011 at 8:55 pm

you should never use PVC, it will break at some point, copper works well easy to install and the aluminum line with quick connect look cool, but pricey.

• gebbie

February 2, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Hi Troy,

A bit late, but I like copper. It’s easy to work with and readily available at any home center or hardware store.

Regards,

Tom Gebbie