• Posted by Joe on March 24, 2022 at 7:44 am

We have an ADAS and since there is no one locally that is doing it besides the dealers right now. We are curious at to what independent shops are charging. Any input would be great thank you

Tom Piippo replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Tom

March 24, 2022 at 11:15 am

We’ve had one come in, but it was badly in need of a collision shop, so we never worked on it. When we do get to the point of servicing them, I expect will we treat it like any other high-tech feature when it comes to pricing. At this point, I doubt there is much price competition. Instead, who can take of it is likley the main concern.

• Tom Piippo

March 28, 2022 at 2:40 pm

We once had a glass company replace a windshield in a fleet owned Transit Connect. The ADAS camera alignment fee was $200. It consisted of a road test with a scan tool. We don’t have any targets, so we cannot do that kind of stuff (usually needed after a crash) but we can do initializations and self calibrations (and camera alignments in Transit vans) and charge the same as our diagnostic fee per hour. In my opinion, target calibrations will be a thing of the past in future models.