Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » A/C Diagnosis Charges

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops A/C Diagnosis Charges

• A/C Diagnosis Charges

Posted by krickermann12 on April 8, 2011 at 3:49 pm

What is everyone getting for a A/C Diagnosis Charge for hooking up equipment, putting refrigerant into the A/C system and Leak checking the system. we are just having a little problem with people wanting things for FREE and its getting old quickly.

Alan Ollie replied 12 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Tom

April 8, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Kyle Rickermann wrote:

> What is everyone getting for a A/C Diagnosis Charge for hooking up equipment, putting refrigerant into the A/C system and Leak checking the system. we are just having a little problem with people wanting things for FREE and its getting old quickly.

Kyle:

We are not supposed to discuss specific prices here. If that occurs, this thread would be removed.

As to the problem you are having, whether it is air conditioning or anything else, you might consider taking a “quick free look” when customers don’t want to pay for testing. Take 5 minutes to see if anything came unplugged, maybe check the pressure with one of those tire type gauges made for A/C, maybe stick a thermometer in the vent….then recommend the appropriate testing (which you charge for).

That will normally get a lot of them to OK testing charges once they see that you are interested in their problem.

• rods2105

July 26, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Several in our town are putting out “coupons” with free AC check-but only consists of a looksee from the description I see. The others are doing a limited price (looks like about half price just to get them in the door.

I have stuck to a dozen donuts off of my regular price-but not getting alot of checks-but then I dont think many are. Like Tom said-a quick parking lot look will get you beyond the price in most of the I need a free check deals.

Tom Ham wrote:

> Kyle Rickermann wrote:

> > What is everyone getting for a A/C Diagnosis Charge for hooking up equipment, putting refrigerant into the A/C system and Leak checking the system. we are just having a little problem with people wanting things for FREE and its getting old quickly.

>

> Kyle:

>

> We are not supposed to discuss specific prices here. If that occurs, this thread would be removed.

>

> As to the problem you are having, whether it is air conditioning or anything else, you might consider taking a “quick free look” when customers don’t want to pay for testing. Take 5 minutes to see if anything came unplugged, maybe check the pressure with one of those tire type gauges made for A/C, maybe stick a thermometer in the vent….then recommend the appropriate testing (which you charge for).

>

> That will normally get a lot of them to OK testing charges once they see that you are interested in their problem.

• nctransmission

July 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I see a lot of the chain guys advertising a free “visual” Air Conditioning inspection, which always makes me chuckle. I offer the same service for free, can pretty easily tell someone when they have an issue or don’t. We’ve only been doing AC work for a year, but we have already identified a pattern with types of vehicles and the repairs required.

• Alan Ollie

August 3, 2011 at 1:57 am

Free is way to expensive.It gets bottom feeder’s and customers who want lower quality work in general .Why would anyone do something for free?

Most people who react to free are not that smart.

I do a A/C performance check for my own customers for a very very low price and includes freon.we sent out postcards 3 times so far this summer with nice return on investment. New customers get normal price but a coupon for $30 off first visit.