Home » Forums » Expense Control & Financial » Tracking Tools outside of SMS

Home Forums Expense Control & Financial Tracking Tools outside of SMS

• Tracking Tools outside of SMS

Posted by Jon Mason on March 24, 2019 at 9:09 am

how many of you use a tool outside of your shop management software to track sales, projections, gross profit, etc? Maybe you track things in excel or google sheets? Or does your shop management software give you everything you ever wanted to know about your KPIs?  What’s missing from what you’re currently using, if anything?

Tom49341 replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tom49341

March 25, 2019 at 2:28 pm

We’ve used 4 SMS systems. They all had a decent amount of reports, but I always tracked some other things myself – usually in Excel. The problem is that different people want to track seemingly countless different things. A 20 group I was in at one time tracked over 200 different numbers. What are your sales per square foot of your building? I’ve never seen a report for that in any SMS. As soon as an SMS adds one the next shop wants to know how many yellow convertibles with manual transmissions come in on Tuesdays. The bottom line for me is that the reports cover the commonly discussed numbers and it’s easy to export data so I can play with that to find out things that I want to know. If you are SMS shopping you really have to ask for their reports and see how well they match what you want for your shop.