Home » Forums » Everything Else » Summer Schedule

Home Forums Everything Else Summer Schedule

• Summer Schedule

Posted by chopshopcustoms on May 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Anyone out there go to a summer schedule for the hot summer months? I was thinking about moving to a 4 day work week (10 hour days for employees but keep 8-5 publicly)for July & August- having Wednesday be a day the shop is ‘closed’.

That way, I could set up client appointments or do estimates offsite or whatever without cutting into my actual work time- while also giving people a nice break in the work week when it reaches over 100 degrees in here.

Thoughts?

gatesauto replied 12 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Patrick McElroy

May 16, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Hi Lenny,

My two cents says to install fans either in your roof or up high in the walls to ventilate your shop and create a cross breeze. The minute you change your work hours, I believe, your techs will not want to go back to a five day work week when the weather gets cooler. Just human nature.

• chopshopcustoms

May 16, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I have ceiling fans but there are times it can be 110 in here in the summer months. And I would much rather not be open when that happens as opposed to having to send the staff home because it just too hot to work.

I think we have decided to try the 4 day week for July and possibly doing the Wednesday for the day out of the shop- allowing me to be there if I choose to meet with clients or run errands to vendors etc and nto cut into my evenigns or Saturday time with my family. I need to cut back working over 100 hours each week.

My office staff will remain the same schedule (but we will not tell the public so she can have a day to do stuff ininterrupted as well) – just not the shop staff (techs). We will see how it goes and possibly extend it into August.

• Alan Ollie

May 17, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Come on down to Sunny south Fl it is 90+ 98% humidity. My guys are tough.

• chopshopcustoms

May 17, 2011 at 3:09 pm

oh… my guys (and girls) are tough but it just is hard when the tools slip out of their hands…lol

• gatesauto

January 16, 2012 at 9:26 am

i missed that as 2012 summer is coming now:(