Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » Printed Newsletter

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops Printed Newsletter

• Printed Newsletter

Posted by acoliajja on February 15, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Hey everyone !   Any thoughts on the benefits of a printed newsletter ?    Some owners say it helps with retention .   Personally I throw out most of my mail . A quick glance at best and its in the trash .  I think the $1000 spent on newsletters would be better spent elsewhere .  Any thoughts ?

andre remillard replied 8 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • engineered

February 17, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Hi Jeff, we use electronic newsletters emailed to our clients.  There are free programs like “mailchimp” that collect client emails that you can import, and have great templates for sending out newsletters. 

Or if you have a website, direct your clients to the site with news updates etc..
    Customers love to know whats going on with your business , and events.
    I hope this helps.
    Dave
    Service Manager
    Engineered Automotive
  • acoliajja

February 17, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Hi Dave . I did try an email newsletter for 3 years . The opening rate was terrible . I truly think people are getting tired of all the e mail piling up in their box . Jeff 

• andre remillard

February 17, 2016 at 2:36 pm

We started sending printed newsletters 9/2014. We saw an increase in sales and customers returning 1 to 3 months later for recommended repairs and maintenance.

We print our own . My service writer puts it together in an hour or so. We have a postage permit and a folding machine. I bought a used Konica Minolta bizhub as my printer. Its printed in full color using 11 x 17  28lb  100 brightness paper. Our total cost per piece is .85 cents. The post office has all the info and software for free so you can pint and bar code right to the newsletter.

We get great feedback from our customers and they look forward to it every month. Production now takes approximately 3 hours start to finish and we send out about 650 newsletters monthly.