Home » Forums » Marketing For Auto Repair Shops » One of The Best Auto Repair Sales Techniques: Show Don’t Tell

Home Forums Marketing For Auto Repair Shops One of The Best Auto Repair Sales Techniques: Show Don’t Tell

• rperea

April 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm

When there is something to actually see, we often do take the customer back to seal the deal if they are waffling about the job.  It isn’t usually necessary, since we have good rapport with our customers and they trust our judgement.  It’s usually more a matter of if they can afford it!

• rmh1020

April 18, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I hear that! Sometimes “I can’t afford it” really means “I don’t see the value in it”. Showing customers the needed work can help them see the value of the work you’re recommending and hopefully get them to realize “I have to find a way to afford it.”

• larrybloodworth

May 20, 2013 at 11:41 am

We make a short video of every transmission job we do, then upload it to YouTube.  We then E-mail the customer telling them what we found, include the YouTube link and attach their estimate as a .pdf.  95% close ratio.

50% of the OK’s are by reply E-mail.  We are currently approaching 2K videos on YouTube.  It’s a real Show-N-Sell.  It’s cumbersome in high volume shops, but all we do is transmissions and nothing else so we have the time.

Nothing fancy.  We  use those $150 Flip cameras that have their own built in software.  I think we are up to 4 of them now.  Great for road tests, too.

J. Larry Bloodworth

• Site Administrator

Administrator
    May 20, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Larry:

WOW!

Can you post links to some of the videos?
  • rmh1020

November 26, 2013 at 11:06 am

Larry- sorry for the delayed reply here… Do you have a link to your YouTube profile? Would love to be able to share it as an example for other shops.