Home » Forums » Customer Service » No call, no show

Home Forums Customer Service No call, no show

• No call, no show

Posted by gcauto on April 17, 2012 at 12:14 pm

How do you deal with no call, no show appointments? Do you call them to ask them if they are coming in or want to re-schedule?

gcauto replied 11 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • davesgarage

April 17, 2012 at 1:16 pm

10 minutes late gets a phone call to see how late the customer is running. Large jobs get confirmed by phone the day before and after all parts confirmed as received and correct. Always push for a firm appointment with the first contact after the no-show. We always let the customer know that on big jobs we have commited a tech for a full day just for their vehicle, and we have declined other appointments to be sure theirs get done on time for them.

• d-stroebel

April 20, 2012 at 11:26 pm

We give them 10 min. and give a call. Some forget, some just blow you off. 2 no show/no calls and customer no longer gets the opportunity to make a appointment. (just drop it off and we will get to it when we have time).

• gcauto

April 24, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Do your customers appreciate you telling them that you have time set aside for their job? Some of our customers would be offended if I told them that.

• davesgarage

April 24, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Cheryl Lindbeck wrote:

> Do your customers appreciate you telling them that you have time set aside for their job? Some of our customers would be offended if I told them that.

???????

On a 90 or 105k scheduled service with timing belt replacement they do! It’s called “scheduling”, and the same goes on a repair job that we ordered parts in for. My clients like to know that they will be getting their car back when promised.

• d-stroebel

April 24, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I am not sure appreciate is the correct word. I feel it shows commitment on our part and puts a responsability on them.

• gcauto

April 24, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Let me please re-phrase my comment. We have many customers that don’t understand the time involved in some repairs. In trying to explain to them that we must set aside a certain amount of time, especially on bigger jobs, I have had customers become irritated with me. I get the feeling that they think I’m being “pushy” when in fact, I’m just trying to work our schedule to better serve everyone and ensure our technician has the proper time available to care for their vehicle. My customers are the reason our doors are open, so when I have a no call, no show it becomes a financial issue for us, especially on bigger jobs. I was just wondering how everyone else dealt with this issue. We used to make pre-appointment reminder calls, but I had several complaints about the reminders, so I discontinued the phone calls as a courtesy to our customers.

• SpencersAuto

May 19, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Cheryl Lindbeck wrote:

> Do your customers appreciate you telling them that you have time set aside for their job? Some of our customers would be offended if I told them that.

Appreciate it… They feel special! We set aside time just for them. It’s in the presentation and concern so we can have enough time to have their car done on time without being russed to do so.

The ones that get offended I would have to seek out why. Seems I might not want them if this is an issue.

Just my take on it

Spence

• SpencersAuto

May 19, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Dale Stroebel wrote:

> We give them 10 min. and give a call. Some forget, some just blow you off. 2 no show/no calls and customer no longer gets the opportunity to make a appointment. (just drop it off and we will get to it when we have time).

We go at it a little different. We also give them twice and note each in their customer file. This way when we pull their file up when making an appointment is shows. After two then they need to leave a non refunable deposit that will be applied to their bill in order to make an appointment. No show… No problem… That normally puts a stop to the issue.

Give it a try. When we say we need a deposit it is with a smile in our voice, never any anger. It’s just our company policy and when would you like your appointment. Rolls off our lips like honey.

• gcauto

August 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm

My original post about no call, no show clients offered many options and I thank you all for that! I wanted to share with you what happened since my initial posting.

I happened to run into our no call, no show customer that I had politely “fired” after their 3rd missed appointment. We are now back on great terms with the understanding that if they would like to schedule, we will set 1/2 an hour of time aside for them, regardless of why they are scheduling. If they drop their vehicle off and it requires more time, we may not get to it the same day, depending on our schedule. The customer loved this idea and said they are very flexible and agree to the terms as they didn’t want to lose us as their shop.

We both felt great after further discussion, which occured on neutral ground (we by chance ran into each other at a yard sale).

Thanks again for all of your options, I do plan on adopting the deposit option for future no call, no shows.