Home Forums Everything Else new internet scam

• new internet scam

Posted by Wayne on August 9, 2012 at 8:05 pm

got his today seems like a new twist to the phone scam

Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 12:19:52 +0100 [07:19:52 AM EDT]

To: larrywilly740@yahoo.com

Subject: ATTN:Repair

Good day

Hello this is Larry Willy,i would like to know if you do Auto exhaust and brake repair and do you accept credit cards for payment, are you the owner or the manager,actually i got a Toyota Camry LE 2005 that have a exhaust and brake problem,so will you be able to repair it.

actually i just relocated from my old house in MI down to your city 3 days ago and i would like you to know that i have make the arrangement with the shipper that will bring the car for the repair and we need to get the tower driver paid…so can i have your workshop address so i can forward it to the tower driver.

basically i just moved in to your city now and i am at the hospital right now because i was down with a diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care,so i want to do the repair arrangement for the car and after completing the payment with my credit card,so that i can contact my private delivery shipper in MI to ship the car down to your shop for the repairing Asap, so let me know if you can handle that for me.

Due Regards,

Larry Willy.

davesgarage replied 11 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • davesgarage

August 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm

That’s not new, I’ve been getting those for aboout 5 years. Do not reply and add them to your blocked sender list. Another technique that scammers like is the “relay call”. I refuse them.