Nation’s Top Transportation Technicians – 2018 Techs Rock AwardsTechForce Foundation Celebrates the Nation’s Top Transportation Technicians with 2018Techs Rock AwardsNew Awards Program Recognizes Professional Technicians Across Five Categories for Excellence in their Work and Communities
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA, November 13, 2018 — TechForce Foundation, a non-profit organization focused on championing students to and through their technical education and into careers as professional transportation technicians, today announced the launch of the first annual Techs Rock Awards. The awards recognize working technicians who are striving to mentor and inspire the next generation of technicians, bringing excellent to their workplaces and communities, and demonstrating passion and commitment to the profession. Complete details and nomination information can be found online at http://www.TechForceFoundation.org/
“It’s inspiring to witness so many outstanding transportation techs from across the country making such huge impacts on both their communities and their organizations” said Jennifer Maher, Executive Director of TechForce Foundation. “These talented men and women are pioneers of the modern transportation era who are showing us firsthand that a career as a tech is no longer simply about wrenches and oil, but rather advanced equipment and technology requiring sophisticated, high-tech training. And they’re helping future techs think bigger and act bolder.”
The 2018 Techs Rock Awards are accepting submissions through November 30, 2018 at 4:00pm PST, across five awards categories:
- Outstanding Mentor – For providing support and guidance to the industry’s future techs.
- Rookie of the Year – For up-and coming tech professionals with under two years of experience.
- Die Hard Award – For industry junkies who live, breathe, sleep, and thrive in their career.
- Barrier Buster Award – For showing heart and passion in overcoming obstacles to succeed.
- Pay it Forward Award – For being a community advocate and inspiring the next generation of transportation technicians.
Category Winners, as selected by a panel of five industry judges, will be announced on December 11, 2018, with each receiving a prize tool voucher sponsored by Snap-on®, valued at $1,000. The inaugural 2018 Techs Rock Awards judging panel includes:
- Jeff Allen – CEO and Founder, Flat 12 Gallery and co-host of Skidmarks Show Podcast
- Steve Johnson – NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Champion
- Julia Landauer – NASCAR Driver, Julia Landauer Racing
- Bogi Lateiner – CEO and Master Mechanic, Bogi’s Garage and 180 Degrees Automotive
- Greg Rintala – National Sales Manager, Snap-on
A one-week public online vote will then determine one Grand Prize Winner who will receive roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations in Scottsdale, Arizona for Auto Week 2019, where they’ll be honored at the annual TechForce Foundation Leadership Summit.
To learn more about the 2018 Techs Rock Awards or to nominate an outstanding auto, diesel, collision repair, aviation, restoration, motorcycle, marine, trailer, or motorsports technician in your community or organization, please visit http://www.techforcefoundation.org/
About TechForce Foundation
TechForce Foundation is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) with the mission to champion students to and through their technical education and into careers as professional technicians. TechForce awards more than $2.0 million in scholarships and grants annually, thanks to its generous corporate sponsors and donors, and spearheads FutureTech Success®, the industry-wide initiative to encourage and support more young people to pursue the vehicle technician profession. For more information, visit techforcefoundation.org.
Sorry, there were no replies found.