Home » Forums » Everything Else » Michigan Senate Votes 36 to 0 Regarding “Sales Tax on Core Charges Returned”

Home Forums Everything Else Michigan Senate Votes 36 to 0 Regarding “Sales Tax on Core Charges Returned”

• Michigan Senate Votes 36 to 0 Regarding “Sales Tax on Core Charges Returned”

Posted by Site Administrator on October 20, 2016 at 7:04 pm
    Senate Passes Bill SB 991 which reversing the 1930’s law regarding “Sales Tax on Core Charges Returned” Today (10/20/2016) 36-0 Vote (Bill was initiated by ASA Michigan for the Automotive Repair Industry)  

ASA Michigan has been working to reverse the age-old law that sales tax be collected on core charges even when they are returned/exchanged. Michigan is the only state that has such a law.

“This was a great day for everyone involved in the automotive repair industry today, but most importantly, the consumer,” Fisher states after the 36 – 0 vote on the Senate floor today.

“My only wish is that all stakeholders would not only advocate for the bill to pass through the House, but also help us by contributing to our lobbying fund – this quagmire has been a thorn for decades and for the repair facilities that saw the importance in our mission and the overturning of this 80+ year law, it’s not fair that this is their burden only.” 

When asked about the timeline left this year (there are 11 sessions yet scheduled in the House with 7 tentative possible) to get the bill through “I believe we will see this through to law before year end. There are going to be many ‘lame-duck’ sessions and I believe that our lobbyist and a few of our allies have prepped enough folks to make it – look at that Senate vote, we have done our ‘due diligence’!”

The House is scheduled to reconvene on Wednesday, November 9th.

ASA Michigan expects to have another accomplishment to boast about soon for the collision repair industry…stay tuned…

#autoshoptradeassociationmichigan

Site Administrator replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.