Home » Forums » Employees » Master Tech

Home Forums Employees Master Tech

• Master Tech

Posted by Wayne on July 26, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Hired a master tech shouldn’t he know which bank is 1 on 05 maximum

Put bank 2 cam sensor in to correct a common problem with these cars and tells me Alldata had the picture wrong. I checked, did not. Had car for 3 weeks for the same codes 340 I finally had to fix it. Master Tech can we revoke his license

just letting off steam

Tom replied 11 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Tom Piippo

August 8, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I’m not sure what PA’s requirements for technician licensing are, but in Michigan, no. At least not without some sort of state investigation and proof of criminal activity. Sorry Wayne but there is no law against ignorance and complacency. Unless he is your brother in law (even if he is!) maybe it’s time he moves on.

Really, 3 weeks?

Wayne Fleishman wrote:

> Hired a master tech shouldn’t he know which bank is 1 on 05 maximum

> Put bank 2 cam sensor in to correct a common problem with these cars and tells me Alldata had the picture wrong. I checked, did not. Had car for 3 weeks for the same codes 340 I finally had to fix it. Master Tech can we revoke his license

> just letting off steam

• joecval

August 11, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Wayne,

Sounds like a big oversight on the techs part. Perhaps just didn’t look close enough on Alldata. What did he say when you confronted him on what Alldata actually states?

I will also comment we have had a horrible time finding good technicians. Don’t know how the tech pool is where you are but I might be inclined, if this was just an oversight, to give the live and learn talk and move on.

• Tom

August 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm

One thing that all shop owners should learn and remember early on is

that some techs “have it” and others do not…and there is gradual scale

between the two extremes.

This is more of a “gift” thing that never will significantly change for

a tech. It can’t be taught.

For me they have to be somewhere on the upper half of the scale.